Brief overview of the role:
Prolinx are currently recruiting for an experienced Second Line Team Leader to work at their Shrivenham office.
The successful applicant will have experience in leading and managing an experienced second line Support and Engineering Team in delivering against our portfolio of Secure Managed Service contracts.
Day to day they will assist with problem solving, staff development, process improvement, escalation guidence and supporting customer service meetings.
The individual may also be required to take on an ITIL role, either Release and Deploy Manager or Problem Manager.
Routine duties include but are not limited to;
People Management and Development:
- Manage the workflow and resources of the team to meet the company’s contractual obligations.
- Coach, develop and motivate the team and team members to achieve their full potential.
- Manage the sickness, vacation, on-call and training levels within the team in order to optimise productivity and quality standards.
- Ensure that all staff comply with all company department and customer policies and procedures, to include being available to help address personal issues that may affect performance at work.
- Develop and agree personal development plans for all staff
- Conduct and participate in the recruitment, selection and induction process of New Starters within the 2nd Line Team.
- Provide support and mentoring to the 1st line team
- Liaise with the Incident Manager/ Change Manager and the 1st line team leader.
- Ensuring all actions carried out on problems and incidents are accurately recorded to an appropriate standard
- Ensure optimal service delivery and that SLAs are constantly achieved.
- Recommend service improvement activities through better processes or tooling and assist in their deployment.
- Establish a thorough working knowledge of contracted service provision agreements.
- Own the sign-off of solutions transitioning from development to Operational
- Ongoing development of technical procedures that can be operated and managed by the entire Support team.
- Support Investigating and testing new technologies to enhance the capabilities of the Service Desk or make the processes and procedures more efficient.
- Ensure the team proactively provide updates and resolutions to the Known Error Database (KEDB) to assist the wider 1st & 2nd Line Support teams.
- As required, work outside of normal working hours to provide standby cover and leadership support to the out of hour’s on-call engineers and shift workers
- Ensuring the contracted services and managed systems are maintained to the business and customer requirements including availability, patching and security
- The rollout of procedural changes to the customers infrastructures that are in accordance with the Change Management process.
Essential Skills and Experience
Must have experience in at least some of the following areas in a live production environment:
- Proven leadership and management skills
- Strong customer communication skills
- Evidence of process improvements in a support environment
- VMware virtualisation technologie
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 enterprise environments
- Linux Redhat and CENTOS enterprise deployments
- Experience and knowledge of an Active Directory network environment.
- TCP/IP Networking
- Running large backup estates
- Experience in working within an ITIL environment
- Ability to obtain Government Security Clearance (SC) with no restrictions
Advantageous Skills and Experience
- Remedy Service Desk tool
- Solarwinds/ICINGA Monitoring tools
- Management information reporting
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Excellent management skills and experience in managing a team in an IT environment
- Strong understanding of resource and SLA management within IT services
- A strong technical appreciation across the technology areas highlighted above
- Ability to plan, organise and fully utilise internal and external resources
- Excellent communication skills
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Problem Solving
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritisation skills
- Team player
- A proven record of accuracy, attention to detail along with a high level of initiative and self-motivation
- A flexible approach to work at all times and the commitment to ensure tasks are completed to deadline
- Keeness to learn and progress professional career
- Innovative and improvement mind set
- Process Improvement
- Service Desk
- 2nd Line
- Service Improvement
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'