Cathedral Appointments are seeking a 2nd Line IT Support Engineer for an established company based in Exeter. Our client is an IT service provider who pride themselves on excellent customer service. The purpose of this role is to provide 1st and 2nd line support to clients both remotely and occasionally on-site. In this role, you will be offered endless support and guidance, whilst being given responsibility and autonomy from day one. You will be joining a growing and fast paced progressive IT company based out of our offices in Exeter. You need a solid understanding of Microsoft servers and networking, can prioritise your workload and manage customer expectations and responses within agreed SLAs.
- Provide 1st and 2nd line customer support
- Organise and implement customer desktop, server and network systems
- Troubleshoot and escalate client requests
- Proactively seek new areas for improvement to clients’ IT systems
- Always act professionally and maintain an excellent level of customer service
- Clearly communicate progress updates internally and to external clients
- Administrative duties including maintaining helpdesk records and client system documentation
- Recent experience in a similar IT support role
- Comfortable supporting and implementing Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016 and/or Exchange 2007/2010/2013/2016 environments
- Experience of networking and systems troubleshooting and resolution.
- Excellent customer service skills, and the ability to deliver support and technical expertise to end users face to face, over the telephone and via remote support software.
- Knowledge of server implementations, device imaging and deployment, firewall and WAN technologies.
- Previous exposure to Microsoft Exchange Server and other Messaging Environments.
- Experience of Microsoft Office 365 Services, Azure, Cloud Email, Office software licensing.
- Experience with virtualisation technologies such as VMWare, Hyper-V etc.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an IT professional to thrive in a smaller business where their voice will be heard. The successful candidate will have a full driving licence, access to their own vehicle, and be willing to travel throughout the South West. If you have an excellent telephone manner, exceptional problem-solving abilities and love to work in a friendly team, please send us your CV.
Keywords: IT support, tech support, 1st line, 2nd line, first line, second line, telephone, Microsoft, Windows Server, Exchange, remote support, customer service, server implementation, WAN, Firewall, Microsoft Office 365, Azure, Cloud Email, VMWare, Hyper-V
- Windows Server
- 2nd Line
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job