Do you want to work for a growing, ambitious and forward-thinking managed-IT-services Microsoft Gold Partner based just outside of Bristol in North Somerset?
2nd Line Technical Support
Salary: Up to £25,000 DOE
Location: Outskirts of Bristol
You’ll be working in a technical team of 2nd line engineers and be responsible for a mix of break-fix incidents, service requests and the planning and delivery of projects for multiple clients. You’ll be working in the office and on client sites, requiring the highest level of professionalism. You’ll be responsible for the resolution of faults internally escalated from the 1st line team or alerted via an automated monitoring solution, working with your colleagues to ensure faults are rectified in a professional and timely manner.
You’ll have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced exciting environment where you’ll work on a wide range of infrastructure technologies, further your skills through experience and training (dedicated in-house technical trainer), and work with a cooperative team of enthusiastic IT professionals. Their staff are highly valued and as such our client’s new office provides a private staff car park, bicycle shelter, a large staff breakout area and excellent facilities.
You’ll have at least 2 years’ experience in a 2nd line role, recent industry qualifications (Examples: A+, N+, MCTS, MCSA), preferably experience of working in a medium to large corporate environment, experience in Windows 10, Server 2012, Office 365, backup technologies, troubleshooting networks, experience of using a service request ticketing system, and a keen interest and evidence of your ongoing development of professional skills.
Technical Skills & Experience (desirable)
- CompTIA A+ and Network+
- Able to demonstrate a thoughtful and logical approach to troubleshooting technical issues.
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows desktop operating systems
- Excellent working knowledge of server operating systems
- Excellent working knowledge of MS active directory and Group Policy
- Good Microsoft exchange skills
- A good understanding of email troubleshooting, using Microsoft exchange hosted services
- Good knowledge of DNS: understanding its role in internal networks and external networks
- Excellent knowledge of IT network theory and technology
- Experience in a helpdesk environment.
- At least two years’ experience in a 2nd line support role.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
- Adaptable and flexible approach
- Good communicator on all levels
- Ability to remain calm when under pressure
- Ability to multi task and prioritise workload
- The personality to deal with customers, both internally and externally politely and in a timely manner, to possess the maturity to handle the pressures and implications of being in a position of trust
- Good communicator on all levels.
- Ability to remain calm when under pressure.
- Ability to multi task and prioritise workload.
- The personality to deal with customers, both internally and externally politely and in a timely manner, to possess the maturity to handle the pressures and implications of being in a position of trust.
Harvard Associates takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorise Harvard Associates to store your personal data in its electronic database, for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify Harvard Associates. We will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. Harvard Associates provides services as an Employment Consultancy and is committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'