2nd line Support with Office 365 experience - Fixed-term contract
2nd Line Support - Office 365 Experience
Our Client are looking an IT Administrator / IT Trainer as this role is all about supporting end users following the migration to Office 365. You will need to have Training experience, O365 migration floor walking experience and experience of IT systems administration.
You will need knowledge of Sharepoint Online and O365 but from a user training perspective - helping people with troubleshooting, configuration etc as opposed to the front end technical side.
To carry out specialist application development, maintenance and system configuration activities relating to the Office 365 (O365) product suite and, in particular: SharePoint Online, Office Groups, Teams and related Office 365 technologies.
The SharePoint/Office 365 specialist will be supporting a key application for the Organisation, and duties will include oversight of Office 365 feature updates and interfaces to applications within other business areas and assist with management reporting requirements.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide specialist, support expertise for more complex user support issues (second-line) for the designated O365 business applications.
- Liaise with other CIT teams as necessary to ensure appropriate generic IT input / advice to the development and support of O365.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of prioritised application development work plans consisting of significant IT projects and maintenance activities, relating to SharePoint online.
- Work closely with expert users and other subject matter experts within the designated business areas to develop and document current and future business processes, ensuring clarity and formal acceptance of requirements using the designated O365 suite of products.
- Advise departmental training sections to ensure that training courses and materials for O365 are kept up to date with the current production releases.
- Participate in projects for the implementation or enhancement of SharePoint online and O365 applications; offering advice and guidance on the production of requirement specifications.
- Assist in the development of Service Level Agreements covering application delivery and support services.
- Maintain awareness of any associated legislative requirements relating to the application business areas and the impact on O365.
- Maintain comprehensive up-to-date business knowledge, specialist technical skills and market intelligence relating to the future and ongoing development of O365 and implications of these changes for the business.
PO1Demonstrable knowledge of and experience in development and support activities relating to the support and implementation of at least one leading application within the designated business area; able to perform support duties with weekly input from the line manager.
PO2 Expert knowledge of and experience in the implementation and support of at least one leading application within the designated business area(s); able to perform support duties and participate in upgrades with monthly input from the line-manager.
PO3 Expert knowledge, experience and demonstrable track record of accomplishment in the implementation and support of all applications within the designated business area(s) and able to perform full duties of the post with monthly input from the line-manager.
PO4 Able to perform the full duties of the post with minimal intervention from the line-manager and to deputise for the line-manager as necessary. Expert knowledge, experience and demonstrable track record of accomplishment in the implementation and support of all applications within the designated business area(s) and other leading applications relating to other critical local authority business areas.
Generic Duties and Responsibilities
- To contribute to the continuous improvement of the services.
- To comply with relevant Codes of Practice, including the Code of Conduct and policies concerning data protection and health and safety.
- To adhere to security controls and requirements as mandated by the SSA’s policies, procedures and local risk assessments to maintain confidentiality, integrity, availability and legal compliance of information and systems
- To promote equality, diversity, and inclusion, maintaining an awareness of the equality and diversity protocol/policy and working to create and maintain a safe, supportive and welcoming environment where all people are treated with dignity and their identity and culture are valued and respected.
- To understand the organisation’s duties and responsibilities for safeguarding children, young people and adults as they apply to the role within the council.
- The Shared Staffing Arrangement will keep its structures under continual review and as a result the post holder should expect to carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function, commensurate with the level of the post.
Essential Skills required
- Experience of designing, installing and developing SharePoint in both on-premise and Office 365 environments.
- Workflow creation and management
- Migration from Office 365
- Configuration of SharePoint lists and items
- Digital transformation/Change Delivery
- User Training
- Asset Management
Some applications may require the Application Support Team to be on stand-by over evenings and weekends.
- Office 365
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'