2nd Line Support Technician
£19,000 - £25,000
We are looking for an enthusiastic 2nd Line Support Technician to provide support across the business, either over the phone, by email or in person.
Provide 1st and 2nd line support for incidents (problem/issues) or service requests related to hardware, software, network connectivity across the business.
Provide support in regards to purchasing and rollouts of computers, printers, hardware and software.
Administration of group server and network infrastructure and provide recommendations to improve existing solutions.
Maintenance of all technical and user documentation, ensuring it is always up-to-date and accurate.
Management and control of backups and secure storage.
Assist with hardware and software purchases including licensing and ISO standards.
Assist with Active Directory and Exchange mailbox creation.
VOIP and mobile phone support.
You will be involved in all areas of the business that the company provides and work in a flexible manner to be able to offer various levels of support in-line with business requirements as necessary (i.e. testing and other project related tasks)
1st and 2nd line support experience
MS Office 2010 - 2016 troubleshooting
Intermediate MS Windows 7 - 10 experience
Intermediate AD and Exchange management
Intermediate Windows Server knowledge 2008-2016
Basic Citrix administration
Basic VMware administration
Understanding of TCP/IP networking
Understanding of virtualisation technologies
1. Resolution or escalation of tickets on the service desk system, liaising with other support technicians when necessary.
2. To provide desktop technical support; answering support queries via phone, email and in person whilst maintaining a high degree of customer service. Adhere to all service management principles. To take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with these issues.
3. Analysis and support of desktop, server software and hardware and, where necessary, recommend a replacement plan to your supervisor (related to all hardware equipment especially servers, computers, notebooks and printers).
4. Assist with Active Directory account and Exchange mailbox creation, VOIP and mobile phone configuration. New user setup control using company templates.
5. Ensure software licensing, hardware and software are recorded correctly in line with policies and procedures. Ensuring all assets are recorded with the Finance team.
6. Share the responsibility and control back up tape rotation, to ensure off-site tapes are delivered to the relevant person and ensure backups have completed. Report any errors to your supervisor and enter details on service desk software
Benefits include 22 days holiday (plus Bank holidays) rising with each year of service to 25 days maximum.
Generous pension, private healthcare, Life assurance, eye care vouchers, childcare vouchers, income protection, free parking, performance bonus.
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange
- Windows Server
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job