A market leading client of mine is looking for a 2nd Line Support Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis in Warrington.
Main Responsibilities Required of the 2nd Line Support Engineer:
- Provide 2nd line level remote and onsite support to end users from junior to senior levels
- Install, remove and troubleshoot approved customer software on client computers
- Anti-virus monitoring, maintenance and resolve infection outbreaks
- Monitor and maintain servers – (e.g. security, disk space, encryption)
- Administer Active Directory and group policies
- Troubleshoot and resolve server and network issues
- Manage and maintain WSUS and similar technologies
- Assist with projects, including server installs, network upgrades, WiFi setups and 365 migrations
- Support remote workers and assist with any connectivity problems quickly
- Liaise with 3rd parties where manufacture and vendor support as required
Key Skills Required of the 2nd Line Support Engineer:
- Microsoft Servers - all version from 2003 onwards (including Small Business Server)
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft 365 and the 365 portal admin
- DNS Management (LAN and ISP)
- Microsoft PowerShell
- Microsoft WSUS
- Virtual technologies (VMWare / HyperV)
- HP/Dell server hardware
- Routers / Firewalls (Draytek, Sonicwall)
- Network switches - installation and ongoing administration (PoE, VLAN etc)
- Symantec Cloud anti-virus/anti-spam – monitoring and maintenance
The successful 2nd Line Support Engineer will be paid up to £25,000.
If interested, please apply immediately. We also offer up to £500 for successful referrals.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'