2nd Line Support Engineer
Our client is a leading business IT support and service company. From our help desk office in Borough Green (near to M20/M26), we support customers across Kent, London and the South East.
Our engineers are client-focused and are expected to manage every aspect of customer accounts at both the granular and strategic levels. The right person will be presented with a challenging and dynamic role, delivering high-quality IT services to their growing customer base.
They are renowned for superlative customer service and helpful nature, key factors in the long-term relationships they build with their customers.
About the Role
· The 2nd Line Network Engineer will be working as part of a dedicated team of engineers within a busy and expanding IT services company. The 2nd Line Network Engineer will be expected to work through helpdesk tickets and will have the opportunity to go out on-site and visit clients
· The existing team is efficient and friendly as it deals with all kinds of support issues generated by the customer base. There is an approximate 50/50 split of time in and out of the office
· The 2nd Line Network Engineer will need to thrive on multi-tasking as they complete tasks like installing servers, replacing workstations, dealing with application faults and resolving OS faults as well as identifying and resolving network connectivity issues
· The 2nd Line Network Engineer will be given responsibility for their own projects where they will be expected to manage every technical aspect whilst maintaining constant liaison with the client
· The 2nd Line Network Engineer will primarily use the products and services within the established portfolio to recognise new business opportunities and then escalate them into new sales
· The role includes making suggestions to the client concerning future improvements in-line with their individual business needs
Key Skills and Background
The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate the following:
· Server networking (DHCP, DNS, RRAS, TCP/IP)
· Firewalling (Common port numbers, routing, network fault diagnosis)
· Remote working (RRAS, VPN, RDP)
· User support (Account unlocks, account creation, password changes, NTFS permissions)
· Exchange / O365 (Mailbox creation, distribution groups)
· Printer support (Network printing, common troubleshooting)
· Workstation support (All common troubleshooting)
· Excellent communications skills (specifically oral, literacy and numeracy)
· High standards of customer service and a personable nature
· Experienced problem-solver
· Experience of SharePoint, Server Hosting (specifically VMware & Hyper-V) and Cisco IOS would be advantageous
· 1 to 2 years of previous experience on a helpdesk or as a site engineer
· Recognised Microsoft accreditations (MCSA, MCSE, MCPs) would be advantageous
The 2nd Line Network Engineer will be required to work shift hours to suit the needs and requirements of the business:- 7:45am - 4:15pm, 8:45am - 5:15pm, 9:45am - 6:15pm.
On a roster basis there is an out-of-hours service between 6:00pm - 8:00am Monday to Friday and 24 hours on Saturday, Sunday or a Bank Holiday. For being on call for out of hours service the rate of pay is as follows:-
£20.00 - for being on standby to accept out of hours calls on Monday to Friday
£50.00 - for being on standby to accept out of hours calls on a Sat, Sun or Bank Holiday
£20.00 - for each call the 2nd Line Network Engineer receives from a client
Holiday Entitlement: 32 days (including 8 bank holiday)
Contractual Sick Pay: Commencing after 6 months continuous employment (terms applied)
Expenses: Travel expenses for site visits
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'