2nd Line Support Engineer
This is an exciting opportunity for a 2nd Line Support Administrator to join a leading global Tech company with over 8,000 employees in their South West London office. My client is looking for a talented 2nd Line Engineer to be part of a rapidly growing dynamic Infrastructure team. A modern working environment, no micro-management and cutting-edge technology.
As 2nd Line Support Engineer your role is to provide both 2nd and 3rd line support to the UK user and Infrastructure practice. This includes implementing and optimizing key functional areas, particularly network infrastructure, server infrastructure, data communications, and telecommunications systems and supporting peripherals.
You should be comfortable working in a highly pressurised environment with like-minded technical people.
Office hours: 09.00 to 17.00
2nd Line Support Engineer - Windows Server, VMWare, Network, Exchange, Active Directory.
Support the IT Infrastructure Operations Manager to:
- To provide Infrastructure operational support to the company’s users.
- To share appropriate technical knowledge with users and to provide training on systems as required
- Maintain working relationships with third-party suppliers & service providers
Support the Information Production & Implementation Manager to:
- To assist in the implementation of technical projects where necessary.
- To support the Production site; patch management, backups, and uptime targets
- Plan and deploy information security measures.
2nd Line Support Engineer Essential Key Skills
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 administration
- Exchange Server 2010/2013 administration
- Microsoft Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10 administration
- Microsoft Office 2010/2013/2016
- Active Directory administration/ maintenance
- Server virtualisation (VMWare)
- 2nd Line Support
2nd Line Support Engineer Desirable Key Skills:
- Virtual Desktop (VDI) environment administration
- Avaya Telecoms Systems Administration
- Experience of supporting security policies and procedures - ISO27001, ITIL etc.
- Switch management
- 3rd Line Support
- Security Patch management
- Content scanning technologies (e.g. AV, ASW etc.)
- San Technologies
Type of person:
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work alone under their own initiative or as part of a team
- Computer Science or Information Technology Bachelor’s degree or 5 years relevant work experience.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a 2nd Line Support Engineer to build on their existing windows & network skills, working on exciting projects whilst learning new technologies in a fantastic working environment.
- Active Directory
- 2nd Line
- 3rd Line Support
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job