2nd Line Support Engineer
Salary: £25k - £30k basic
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:30pm
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work in a great environment with excellent training and development prospects? Why not join our client, the UK’s leading Telecommunications Company.
About our client:
Our client is the UK's Largest Independent Business Telecommunications provider, offering Fixed-Line, Mobile, IT & Broadband solutions to over 300,000 Businesses. They operate 12 offices across the UK and employs over 400 staff.
It is one of the UK's fastest growing technology companies and has been awarded Vodafone Platinum Partner of 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014 and the Total Communications Partner for 2015, 2016 & 2017 - the highest accolade from the network.
About the 2nd Line Support Engineer:
As a 2nd line engineer you will be the first point of call to help resolve 2nd line support queries, you will also work closely with the 1st and 3rd line engineers providing a high level of technical support across the Company, both to internal staff and to external customers. The 2nd Line Support Engineer has an innovative approach in problem solving whilst delivering high levels of customer service at all times.
This is an ideal position for someone looking to further their career within a vibrant office environment in the heart of the Solent Business Park and just moments’ walk from the new Whiteley shopping centre.
The successful 2nd Line Support Engineer will possess the following key skills:
- Good technical knowledge and experience of Customer and Internal IT Environments
- Good technical understanding of Fixed Line and Data Connectivity Solutions
- Ability to provide advice to non-technical aware customers (either internally or externally)
- Experience of supporting customers to SLA’s
- Knowledge of web servers (IIS) (desirable)
- Experience of MySQL and MSSQL Databases (desirable)
- Knowledge of VoIP technologies (desirable)
- ITIL experience or qualification (desirable)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – verbal and written
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
- Adaptability and initiative
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workload
- A pro-active approach
- Enjoy sharing skill-based knowledge and networking
- Enthusiastic, analytical, creative, innovative and confident
- Ability to liaise with customers in an empathic and technically effective manner
- Ability to work as part of a team and contribute to the overall success of both the Service Desk and organisational objectives
- Puts in a sustained effort to get things right; stays focused on the end result
- Communicates in an open, candid, complete and consistent manner
- Ability to engage and earn trust of various teams within the business
- Is comfortable with adaptation and embraces change in order to deal with frequent changes to process, roles and tasks
- Has a strong self-awareness and a keen understanding of how to present themselves and interact appropriately and professionally with other members of staff and external customers.
This role is office based, and located at their Head Office in Whiteley
Due to the high volume of applications, theyare unable to notify unsuccessful applicants. If you have not been notified of the outcome of your application within four weeks of applying, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of this 2nd Line Support Engineer role then please apply now!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job