Search Consultancy are currently recruiting a 2nd Line Support Engineer for an IT Services company in Sheffield. This is an exciting time to be joining a rapidly growing organisation, which works with some of the latest technology.
The 2nd Line Support Engineer will report to the Head of IT and have experience in the following areas;
* Minimum Level 3 IT qualification and 2 years' experience in a 1st or 2nd Line role within a service desk environment.
* Basic knowledge of diagnosing issues within SQL is imperative.
* Good knowledge of Windows Server, Virtual environments (VMWare), MS Windows, Networking LAN, WAN, VPN and Wireless, Active Directory, Antivirus.
* Cloud hosted O365 skills required.
* MS Exchange and Outlook management skills required.
* Knowledge of data backups and Cloud hosted services.
* Demonstrated PC hardware/software trouble-shooting skills.
The 2nd Line Support Engineer will be responsible for the following areas with the business.
* Provide 2nd Line service desk support for incidents related to hardware, software, network connectivity and application services to a wide variety of external customers.
* Manage and own incident tickets via our Autotask ticket management system, providing customer updates to agreed timeframes.
* Manage and monitor all ticket queues to ensure SLA's are met across the desk.
* Triage and resolve incidents to stringent customer defined SLA's.
* Drive service improvement within the service desk to improve first time fix resolution times.
* Communicate clearly, effectively and in a timely manner with all customers.
* Create and maintain accurate documentation within the centralised management database.
* Provide any on-site support to resolve customer service outages as required to meet SLA's.
* Continue to develop technical knowledge and skillset through formal training, informal training and hands on practical experience and mentoring of 1st line support.
* Provide management reporting in a timely manner with ideas of how to continuously improve service delivery.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job