2nd Line Support Engineer
Location: Hampton Wick, Kingston Upon Thames
Salary: Circa £28,000 per annum - Depending on Experience
Permanent role starting during April/May
About the Company:
Reveal is an exciting high-growth UK business that develops and sells technology solutions for the law enforcement and security sectors. Our world-leading smart, efficient and secure body-worn video systems operate in situations of heightened tension, danger and fear. These are situations that for some people are ‘all in a days’ work’. Our products provide reassurance, confidence and support for those people. Our technology reduces crime, and saves time and money.
The market for body worn video equipment, software and services is currently experiencing hyper growth in excess of 50% year-on-year. As a leader in this market, Reveal is undergoing rapid change as we strive to keep pace and seize global market opportunities.
We currently supply and support cameras and software to clients in 35 countries. We have operations in the UK, the USA, Australia, India and Hong Kong and our international activities are growing rapidly.
About the Job:
The primary objective of the Reveal Helpdesk is to provide ongoing support and assistant to customers for any product related issues. A secondary purpose is to provide internal desktop support to Reveal staff.
The 2nd line Support Engineer is an important part of the Reveal Helpdesk, providing customer software support for our DEMS related issues, undertaking analysis and diagnosis, and implement resolutions within agreed timeframes. This role requires excellent customer service skills and advanced technical experience, demonstrating a passion for emerging technologies and the commercial insight to ensure the Reveal Helpdesk achieves its primary objective.
Duties of the 2nd Line Support Engineer:
- Act as the main point of contact for all reported issues or queries (via telephone or email) relating to DEMS
- Receiving, logging, and tracking all DEMS/software cases and communicating the status/resolution to the customer
- Demonstrating the ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex DEMS related issues
- Escalating unresolved calls to the product engineering and development team
- Provide stats for the weekly service review and identify call trends
- Provide training and rollout support on DEMS upon request
- Arrange for additional technical support where problems cannot be resolved within the support team
- Escalating cases to the service delivery manager where necessary
- Create and continually update documents to detail the client requirements for a successful rollout of DEMS and Body Worn Camera solution
- Visit clients to support DEMS rollouts or provide on-site support
Hardware Support (Act as Support Desk Backup)
- Process all incoming Fault Report Forms for hardware reported issues
- Identify the warranty status for all incoming hardware cases
- Articulate warranty options to customers
- Upsell and take payment for extension of warranties
Internal Desktop Support
- Provide desktop and server support
- Undertake small-to-medium sized IT projects as instructed by the service delivery manager and then managing the project to meet pre-defined objectives
- Planning and recommending enhancements to ensure that Reveal Helpdesk capacity meets current and future business requirements in a cost effective manner
- Setting up new users and disabling expired accounts in accordance with HR requirements
- Setting up and configuring new laptops and desktops
- Installing authorised software to laptops and desktops
- Create and maintain system access matrix
Requirements of the 2nd Line Support Engineer:
- Prior helpdesk experience supporting an enterprise software product.
- Extensive experience identifying, troubleshooting to resolving customer software and network issues
- Working knowledge of helpdesk software, databases and remote control
- Technical ability to manage first and second line software investigations
- Professional telephone manner and able to communicate with both end users and technical teams
- Technical ability to manage correct Triaging of calls and the ability to offer preventative solutions
- Advanced user of Excel, DESK and CRM system (ideally SFDC)
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Excellent communication skills written and spoken
- Experience providing internal IT Desktop Support
2nd Line Support Engineer Benefits:
- 25 days holiday + take your birthday off
- Pension (Contributions 2% Employer / 3% Employee)
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Cycle to work purchase scheme
- Retail Discount Membership with Perkz
If you meet the requirements and feel that this 2nd Line Support Engineer role is right for you then please apply today!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job