GreatFind Recruitment are currently working alongside a growing Education Managed Service Provider located in East London.
They have an exciting opportunity for a 2nd Line Engineer to join their team.
You will be based on client sites either in East or West London depending on your location.
Our client is keen to meet with candidates with an education background and particularly those who are keen to progress and take advantage of training and progression opportunities within IT support and solution-based services.
As part of a managed service team you will work directly on the client's premises and remotely manage and maintain your client's network environment. This hands-on role will also enable you to strengthen your portfolio and build key relationships and contacts in the industry. If you are looking for a different, yet exciting challenge in the education sector, please get in contact with us today!
On-site, your day to day role will involve:
- Remote resolution of client-side issues and maintaining an efficient IT network for the school
- Covering networks, Servers (Active Directory), general hardware and software
- Liaising with colleagues, IT vendors and 3rd party suppliers in order to resolve more complex issues
- Conducting scheduled checks, maintenance procedures and monitoring the resolution of 1st line issues within the team
- Taking on new projects with brand new software and hardware solutions for the school
- Taking part in occasional meetings with senior school staff to review current IT strategies and focus on areas for development in order to deliver the best possible service
If you are currently working in an educational environment within IT support - this role could be a great step up for you. You will enjoy the freedom of working directly with your clients, whilst receiving the training and support from your company. In recent years our client has enjoyed rapid growth and quick success in the market. Now is a great time to join their organisation and be part of their continued growth in the education sector.
Requirements for the role are as follows:
- Strong server experience, typically Server 2008 & 2012
- Virtualisation experience (HyperV/VMWare)
- DHCP, DNS and Group Policy experience
- Knowledge of SQL Server, Windows Servers current and Exchange
- Good 1st line and technical support experience with more complex 2nd and 3rd line issues
- Ticket monitoring, prioritising and resolution background
- Strong written and verbal skills and an all-round confident communicator
- A good understanding of ITIL best practises
- Excellent time management skills and problem solving attitude
- It is desirable that you have a full driving licence
Candidates with outsourced IT/Managed Service experience or helpdesk experience - particularly within education will be of particular interest to our client. The role comes with an extremely competitive benefits package with funded training opportunities and all of the resources needed to ensure you succeed in your new role.
GreatFind recruitment are acting as a recruitment partner in relation to this permanent opportunity. Successful applications may be contacted for a brief telephone interview prior to a meeting.
*Please note that candidates will be required to pass an enhanced DBS/CRB screening for this role.
About GreatFind Recruitment
We specialise on IT Channel recruitment, especially in education sector. We work on different job level vacancies from graduate jobs to 3rd line Technicians, and in various departments including IT, sales and marketing, and operations.
We've worked in the IT channel for over 15 years. We deliver a consultative, personal service to our candidates and clients, and we won't rest until everyone is happy.
GreatFind recruitment is an equal opportunities provider.
- Active Directory
- Remote User Support
- 2nd Line
- Microsoft Server Technologies
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job