A leading and highly reputable Cloud Based IT MSP is searching for a On-Site Support Engineer to join a team of engineers.
This is an exciting opportunity in which you will be tasked with providing technical support and being the single point of contact for IT issues and escalations in your given territory. You will take on the physical fixes which the helpdesk are unable to solve as well as working on complex IT projects including; up-scaling, roll outs new contract wins, mobilisation and demobilisation, being involved from the start and managing the work-stream throughout.
This role is a 50/50 blend of hands on technical work and service delivery working in collaboration with the Service-desk, Application support teams and database support teams, providing a friendly and positive service to colleagues and customers on a daily basis. For this reason you need to be able to deal with all level of stakeholder from Administrators to Directors, translating technical solutions to non-technical staff.
- Extensive hands-on experience specifying/configuring/troubleshooting user and customer issues in a changing Windows Desktop and Server environment.
- Extensive experience of installing, supporting and administrating Windows XP/7/8, Active Directory 2003/8/12 and Exchange 2003/10/13
- Ability to provide "hands on" 1st, and 2nd level support for general IT operational requirements problems, and issues for end users and customers face to face and remotely
- Sound Networking knowledge of TCP/IP.
- Experience of providing remote support for users and systems, including resolution of technical issues on the phone.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Good experience of Apple, Android, Windows and Blackberry end user products
- Working knowledge of Backup Software and common backup procedures.
- Ability to support and maintain changes to Anti-Virus, and Malware software.
- Working knowledge of network infrastructure.
- Ability to handle high workloads and high pressure working environments
- Great MS Office 2003-13 skills
- Experience of FireWall, and client VPN Software
- VMWare knowledge and operational experience
- Hands-on hardware experience of HP, Server Network, UPS and Firewall hardware.
- Knowledge of Financial applications would be advantageous.
If you are interested in the above position please apply with an up to date version of your CV and the leading IT Consultant will be in touch.
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job