Our client are looking for a 2nd line support engineer with a strong technical background with a solid experience in technical support. The 2nd line support engineer will be responsible for investigating a wide range of technical issues.
The successful candidate should be a driven individual, that enjoys problem solving and taking control of situations to drive home technical solutions whilst putting our customers’ needs first.
Some of the technologies the candidate would be expected to deal with include: Windows Server, VMware, Microsoft Exchange, Hyper-V, Citrix, SAN/ISCSI, RDS and Mitel. There would also be a strong need for a good base networking knowledge this would be mainly, but not limited to, Cisco.
- Diagnose and fix critical IT issues.
- Liaise direct with customers regarding technical issues
- Identify reoccurring technical faults and recommendations to the escalations manager
- Technically assist the junior technical teams.
You may, on occasion, be required to work at customer locations throughout the UK.
The working hours are normally Monday to Friday, 09:00-17:30 with 1hr for lunch, although extended hours may be required to meet customer requirements.
It is expected that the successful candidate will be able to accommodate changes to their working hours and also be available to work weekends & evenings as required.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
A highly motivated and conscientious individual, your main areas of responsibility will include:
- Incident management
- Resolve Technical issues
- Assist other members of the escalations team
- Managing critical IT outages with customers efficiently resolve the situation.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
A high level of technical skills is essential for this role, with a fundamental understanding of Networking, Microsoft products and virtualisation.
- At least 5 years’ experience in IT
- Integration skills and working with different departments (Provisioning, First line, Customer services)
- Good understanding of general server, storage and networking technologies
- Good communication skills
- Good documentation skills
- Customer focussed
- Able to work well as part of a team and individually
- Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies
- Decision making - displays a willingness to make decisions; exhibit sound and accurate judgement and include appropriate people in the decision making process
- Highly motivated - Sets and achieves challenging goals
- Quality management - ability to look for ways to improve and promote quality.
Although no formal qualifications are essential for this role, the successful candidate should have relevant work related experience, attained a good all-round standard of education and have a good knowledge of current IT technologies.
- CCNA or equivalent qualification would be an advantage
- VMWare Virtualisation
- Strong troubleshooting ability
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job