2nd Line Support Engineer (Managed Services) - Milton Keynes-NEW!!
Focus IT have the pleasure of working with this WELL established IT Solutions Company. Due to demand they are seeking a 2nd Line Technical Support Engineer to compliment their existing support team.
The role will be to proactively ensure that all clients receive exceptional Customer service during all contact with the Service Desk, thus ensuring continual exceptional operational service. All support must be performed with minimal business impact on the customer and within agrees service levels.
- To handle incoming technical support incidents, requests and changes.
- Management of personal call queue, ensuring calls are closed in a timely fashion.
- Provide updates and ensure ongoing customer communication is maintained.
- Resolution of calls ranging from simple password resets to complex server queries.
- Escalation of calls to 3rd Line Team as necessary.
- To work as part of a close-knit and highly skilled team of Engineers.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Work with other internal teams (3rd Line Technical Delivery Teams, Development, Projects, etc.)
- Perform software builds/re-builds on PCs and laptops as required.
- Fix hardware faults and install upgrades to client hardware.
- Attend customer premises from time to time to perform on-site work.
You will contribute to service desk incidents through to completion, recognising when escalation is required for the quickest resolution for the client. You will provide clients with continual and regular updates throughout the management of their incidents, whether assigned to you or a higher level engineer. The role will require you to work effectively on the service desk systems, keeping all tickets fully updated in real time. Other responsibilities will involve performing on-site client visits as a representative of the company where necessary to resolve a technical incident.
The ideal candidate will come from an outsourced or IT service background (Not essential), with impeccable customer service skills. You will be proficient in Microsoft Windows Servers, Microsoft Exchange, and Microsoft Office 365 along with Active Directory.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Friendly, confident and professional telephone manner.
- Eager to learn new skills and invest in personal development.
- Good attention to detail with well-developed problem solving skills.
- Time management skills with the ability to prioritise effectively.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- Minimum of three years in technical support.
- Good knowledge and experience with Exchange and Office 365.
- Strong knowledge of Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 operating systems.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office software
- Experience working with servers (Server 2008, 2012, & 2016)
Any MCP or MCSA qualifications or working towards one would be highly beneficial.
This role is a 2nd Line Technical Support Engineer and can also be known as a Support Analyst, Helpdesk Analyst, 2nd Line Engineer, Technical Engineer, IT Support Engineer and Helpdesk Engineer.
Any qualifications such as MCSE, MCSA, MCITP or CCNA would be highly beneficial towards your application
Any exposure to the Managed Service sector would be highly beneficial towards your application.
The role is based in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire and is commutable from Northampton, Bedfordshire, Stevenage, Hertfordshire, Oxfordshire, Luton and North London.
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 + Pension Scheme + Great Benefits
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job