2nd Line Support Engineer / Analyst / Service Desk Analyst
2nd Line Support Engineer / Analyst : Service Desk Analyst.
Do you have an background in supporting business or technical applications? Do you have a broad technical skillset and looking for a new challenge? Are you passionate about technology, with a strong customer service ethos, wanting to work with emerging technologies including Cloud?
2nd Line Support Engineer / Analyst - About the company
Do you want to be part of a successful organisation, that delivers products for customers that are based worldwide, supporting a range of software applications and customers?
2nd Line Support Engineer / Analyst - About the role:
The 2nd Line Support Engineer/ Analyst role will be office based in their Co Cavan office, working with the helpdesk team, provide effective solutions to escalated technical issues, and provide a high level of technical expertise to the business. The role will make you the main contact for incoming calls into the Service desk, and you will work with other IT Support members om other sites to manage some 1st & 2nd line incidents /calls.
The role will involve working with technologies such as Desktop applications, Windows 7 & 10, Virtualisation (VMWare), Office365, Windows Server, AD, Networking TCP / IP, Firewalls and some AutoCAD.
2nd Line Support Engineer / Analyst - Key Responsibilities:
- Support desktop applications, Microsoft, VMWare, AD, Office 365, Windows Server, internal infrastructure and hardware
- Take ownership of escalated issues from 1st/2nd line and resolving any queries within SLA
- Resolution of configuration and deployment issues
- Carry out the initial investigation of incidents reported and escalate where necessary beyond 2nd line
- Ensure that applications are installed and run efficiently across all platforms
- Escalate any Major Incidents to the Service Desk Team Leader
- Handling hardware issues and networking
- Documentation of resolution of incidents advising on best practice.
- Monitor the services / systems using SolarWinds tool
2nd Line Support Engineer / Analyst - Essential Technical Skills:
Candidates must have some exposure to most of the technologies listed below:
- AD, Windows 7, 10
- IIS & Web
- Cloud technologies
- VMWare - some level of understanding
- Windows Server 2008, 2012
- Imaging and laptop / Pc builds
- Networking -TCP/ IP, Switches, routers
- Hardware support and configuration
2nd Line Support Engineer / Analyst - Benefits (Negotiable)
- Basic salary of up to 33000 Euros on offer
- Pension up to 5% contribution
- Bonus scheme
Candidates will have a strong customer service ethos and passion for resolving queries to a high stand within SLA’s. Candidates will have a broad technical skillset and be keen to look at learning new technologies including working with Office365.
The role will be based at their HQ in Co Cavan.
There will be some infrequent travel to 1 or 2 other sites to work for meetings with other department members and technical staff.
If you are keen to join progressive company, gain exposure to a diverse array of technologies, and gain some internal training and development please apply. You will be given the opportunity to learn and progress within the organisation. and make an impact with their technical environment
Langland Consultants acts as an Employment Agency /Business with regards to this vacancy. As an Equal Opportunities employer, Langland Consultants welcomes applications regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability or age. All applicants are considered on the basis of their merits and abilities for the job.
By applying to a job advertised by Langland Consultants or providing your contact information to show interest in a job advertised by Langland Consultants, you consent to the disclosure of your information to us in order to assist our legitimate business needs. This includes agreeing to us in storing your information and allowing us to contact you in regard to suitable job opportunities in the future.
You are within your rights to ask us to remove your information at any time.
- Service Desk
- Technical Support
- 2nd Line
- Desktop Tools
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'