2nd Line Support and Pre-Sales Engineer - Microsoft
Salary £35-40K plus benefits
Great opportunity to join a growing and ambitious IT reseller with a drive to develop a managed services business stream and help define our cloud offerings.
Our client work closely with the likes of HPE, Dell EMC, VMware, Microsoft and many others. Our expertise is in servers, storage and virtualisation.
Joining a small and focused team you will have a lot of opportunity to develop new skills and take a leading role in the managed services business.
You could be involved in several different functions, providing great variety within the position. There are two main functions, one is supporting the sales team technically, helping design customer solutions, verifying quotations technically and dealing with suppliers. The second is managing and supporting customer’s environments remotely. This would primarily focus around Microsoft technologies.
Experience of the following technologies are required
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and above skills, including Active Directory
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Experience of Microsoft SharePoint 2019
- Experience of Microsoft SQL server
- Microsoft SCCM expertise
- Microsoft Intune and Autopilot expertise
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure or AWS a bonus
- Knowledge of backup solutions like Veeam
- Knowledge of Office 365
- VMware ESX design, installation and administration would be a bonus
- Continuum RMM experience would be a benefit (now Connectwise)
- Proven experience in troubleshooting and resolution
- Good time management skills, self-disciplined, can work as a team and independent
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Basic Networking knowledge, to cover DNS, Routing and Firewall’s
Outline of Tasks - 95% remotemay require 1 Onsite visit per site per Quarter
- Creating Gold images for specific teams to be rolled out (Staff and Contractors)
- Patch Management of Windows environments
- Creating shares and providing access roles based on employee access level
- Daily monitoring and management of a Windows environments
- Creating LUN’s and sharing them out to relevant VM’s
- Management of SCCM server
- May require some out of hours work
- Windows 10 and Windows Server Log analysis for fault finding
- Monitoring backups on a daily and weekly basis
- 2nd Line
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'