As a Software Support Analyst, you will provide second line support to internal and external clients across Europe, Middle East and Africa via telephone and e-mail. On call 24/7 support will be required (approx 1 week in 3 months). Technologies used in the business are Windows Server 2008 and 2012, 2016, SQL, High Performance Computing - HPC, Azure and bespoke software, training will of course be given.
This is an outstanding role for an ambitious individual who has performed well in an initial role and who is now looking to take their career to the next level by combining excellent customer facing skills, problem management with valuable product support expertise, on the route to becoming a Technology Consultant or Software developer.
- Providing 2nd level support to the first line team, consultants and external clients.
- Providing technical input and support to other teams and Technical consultants when required. Training clients on installation and on-going support of software products.
- Build strong relationships internally and with client representatives and demonstrate natural ease and effectiveness when dealing with clients/colleagues at all levels
- Configuration and support of software, assist with day to day technical issues and resolving them in a timely and effective manner
- Delivering support that meets or exceeds client expectations
- Assist in the management of our lab environments to allow complex testing of products
- Provide training to 1st line support team (as part of our continuous development program)
- Provide feedback to the development team about possible enhancements to the software
- Assist in the growing of our support knowledge system, so that complex issues can be quickly resolved.
Skills & Experience
The essential skills/experience for this position are:
- Previous experience in an IT Helpdesk / Application or Software Support role.
- Client facing skills acquired from a Consultancy or Software House
- Knowledge of server hardware and configurations; particularly Microsoft products.
- Microsoft Windows (including Windows Server) and basic networking knowledge.
- Experience with either Citrix or another Virtual Desktop Infrastructure.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work with limited supervision
- Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills including experience in a client facing role.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems, File Permission’s C/C++, Active Directory
- SQL Server experience including SQL querying, database structure and database maintenance
- Knowledge of IIS to investigate and diagnose issues
- Knowledge and Understanding of ITIL
Other highly desirable skills are;
- Additional language
- Desirably educated to degree level
- Knowledge of Office (Excel), including using VBA.
- PowerShell / other scripting languages
- MCSE or other key IT certifications.
- Knowledge of Insurance of Financial Risk software (nice to have but not mandatory).
- Experience in working with high performance or distributed computing I.e. Microsoft HPC or DataSynapse
- Understanding of Cloud based technologies. I.e. Azure and AWS
- ITIL Foundation qualification
- Interest in keeping up to date with the latest technologies (eg SQL 2016, Windows Server 2016)
- Application Support
- Windows Server
- 2nd Line
- Microsoft SQL Server
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job