Role: 2nd Line IT Support Engineer
Salary- £30 DOE
Company specialises in IT support, security, cloud and business continuity.
We are looking to recruit a 2nd Line IT Engineer, as a member of the IT Service Desk team reporting to the Service Desk Manager. The role consists of operating an online and phone-based support service desk supporting customers and being an escalation point for the 1st Line engineers. The successful candidate must be prepared to work flexibly.
As a 2nd Line Technical Support Engineer you will be responsible for providing remote support for IT, data, hosting and telecoms networks. This may include providing input to project plans and the provision recommended improvements for a client’s network.
The Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for the proactive maintenance of customers’ networks, making full use of the Remote Monitoring & Management (RMM) systems in place.
You will be expected to provide second line assistance to more junior members of the team and assist the team leader to ensure team SLAs and KPIs are achieved.
The Technical Support Engineer will carry out these works in a professional manner using technical knowledge and experience. You shall be aware that, at the time of contact, the customer may be in a critical system outage situation and calm, consultative communications are always required.
You will have knowledge and experience of:
Ideally, a minimum 4 years’ experience within the IT Industry and previous experience within an IT & Telecoms MSP. Any experience of working for an IT/Telecoms MSP would be advantageous.
- Windows desktop repair and configuration
- Excellent knowledge of network topologies, VLANS, TCP/IP and familiar with the 7 - layer model
- Diagnosing more complex internet connectivity and be familiar with different connection types that internet connectivity can be delivered
- Excellent server knowledge, the ability to build a server, migrate data from one server to another and the ability to advise of correct hardware required
- Office 365 and other cloud-based exchange environments - the ability to configure and migrate to and from multiple mail platforms
- The ability to script and execute commands to proactively monitor customers systems to selfheal if there is a problem. Performance will be measured on issues which could have resolved by monitoring
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Good working knowledge of Azure
You will have a full UK driving license for visits to customers sites.
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'