An experienced 2nd Line IT Support Engineer is needed to join the team at this well-established Managed Services Provider with clients across the South of England in Ringwood, Hampshire on a full-time basis.
The role involves:
- Providing remote support
- High-quality tools
- Supporting multiple clients
- Office-based, team working
They invest in quality tools to enable you to deliver a quality service across a range of clients and their diverse IT infrastructures. It is the front-line of the business's objective to provide high-quality, prompt and reliable IT support to all their customers.
Candidates must be good communicators, clear thinkers and pleasant people in a crisis.
Broad experience is valued, particularly around managing IT for a small to medium-sized organisation with varying needs.
This is an excellent opportunity to progress your career!
About the Role
The 2nd Line IT Support Engineer role provides remote service and assistance to multiple customers/clients.
This will be an office-based role where you will be working with an accomplished team and high-quality tools.
- The role is strongly service-oriented, and much of the workload arises from customer calls, web-based contacts and emails which are recorded and managed by a central service desk system
- As a 2nd line engineer, the role-holder will already have experience with remote analysis of issues, diagnosis and support, including issues that go beyond user error into configuration issues and compatibility problems
- The role holder is expected to work with the customer to understand each issue sufficiently well that they can recreate it, diagnose it or escalate it to 3rd line colleagues with specialist skills where absolutely necessary
- They would be required to monitor and follow up on their issues, taking internal ownership for seeing they progress to a conclusion, acting as the customer's advocate internally or with 3rd parties
- Windows Desktop & Server operating systems
- Cloud Services (control panels, Office 365)
- Desktop support diagnosing problems
- Broadband, VoIP
- Mobile Device Support
- Monitoring Backup platforms
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent) - C or above
- GCSE Science or Computer-related subject (or equivalent) - C or above
- Other additional GCSEs at C or above (or equivalent)
- Microsoft Certifications
- CompTIA Certifications
Sounds interesting? Click APPLY to send your CV for immediate consideration.
Candidates with previous job titles and experience, including; 2nd Line IT Support Engineer, 2nd Line Support, 2nd Line IT Technician, 2nd Line Service Engineer and IT Engineer, and IT Field Engineer, may also be considered for this role.
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'