Our prestigious Reading based client is seeking a 2nd Line IT Solution Engineer to join their team.
The role is predominantly based at the Reading office, howether this candidate will have to be flexible as there will be a requirement to go to the London office possibly once a
This will be for a 1 year contract initially.
This is a great opportunity for a strong 2nd line candidate with strong customer focus aswell as technical ability.There may be in the future occassions for this candidate to go onto some of the client visits to build strong stakeholder relationships.
Please note due to the central location there is no parking at their offices.
- Provide hardware and software maintenance, consultation and recommendations about future planning and development resources delivering continual service improvements.
- Working and leading on a variety of technical and service projects.
- Providing 2nd/3rd line support troubleshooting across diverse technologies including but not limited to Exchange, Window, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, MDM, etc.
- Monitor and champion the security of all technology.
- Monitor capacity and performance of all hosts and services.
- Working within our change control governance.
- High level technical representation on P1 issues, including conference calls and managing technical resolution. Documenting and educating the entire Service Team on workarounds and resolutions.
- Stimulate and define requirements for new services in line with IT Service Strategy. Ensures such offerings are professionally introduced, accepted and deliverable.
- Strong and diverse training skills. Ability to develop training in different mediums and presenting it in a way to different stakeholders to improve knowledge and the image of IT.
- Microsoft certifications.
- The candidate will have excellent experience in server technologies such as Windows and VMware and Cisco networking.
- Windows - Domain Management, OS, Exchange and O365.
- Networking - Router, switch and firewall knowledge.
- Proactive, taking ownership and accountability of tasks. Can actively identify service improvements and work with the business to implement.
- Significant experience of leading ,training and developing teams within an operational service delivery or shared services environment.
- Strong training skills, developing technical knowledge throughout the entire IT Support team.
- Strong commercial and financial awareness, monitoring, coordination and budget ownership.
- Experience working with third party suppliers as part of the service team.
- Thorough understanding of customers' business and market sector and able to use that knowledge to anticipate how future services offers need to evolve to meet customer requirements.
- Strong communicator at all levels.
- Systems and IT literate.
- Proven experience of contract negotiation and supplier management; experience of successfully integrating customer and operational requirements into supplier relationships.
- Role model in performance standards and demonstrates and champions behaviour that is in line with HPOE (High Performance Operating Environment) values.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job