2nd Line Infrastructure Engineer
£25,000 - £30,000
This business are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join their expanding team. The team are constantly striving to make a difference - whatever the role - in delivering transformational IT services to UK businesses. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, where you can make a real difference; then you would probably love it here!
With the head office based in the heart of Salford Quays; they pride themselves in having an energetic, and fresh office culture. With BYBO (Book Your Birthday Off), competitive annual leave and regular team night outs among other benefits. They will not only invest in your development, but also provide a great, supportive environment for you to grow, develop, and fulfil your potential.
They have a lot of talented and very skilled engineers in their Technical Support Team who are enthusiastic about sharing their knowledge and growing the Team, all who strive to learn and provide excellent service. Now they are looking to add a 2nd Line Infrastructure Engineer that will fit right in to this skilled and successful team.
Details of the Role
Based in Manchester, working in the Technical Support Team, providing remote support to a broad range of customers, delivering 2nd Line support around Infrastructure.
The role requires an individual who can deliver quick resolutions with quality customer care, have excellent communication skills via the Phone and email, can work well as part of a team, is able to multi-task yet show grace under pressure, is able to put the customer first, has a positive attitude towards work and colleagues and enjoys working with new an evolving technologies.
- Triaging new incidents by accurately assessing impact and investigating issues in a timely manner, whilst adhering to Response SLAs and KPIs
- Owning and managing tickets both procedurally and technically within Resolution SLAs and KPIs
- Ensuring all information is clearly and accurately recorded on tickets
- Escalating tickets to 3rd parties and vendors; then proactively chasing
- Escalating tickets to internal 3rd Line Technical Support where appropriate
- Owning and managing changes to customer environments by creating Request for Changes, which include detailed and actuate information; then arranging implementation
- Owning and managing own ticket queue
- Assisting other team members
- First and foremost, you should have a good attitude; which would be a person who enjoys working with technology and is eager to learn and pick up new knowledge and skills.
- Concise communication skills and able to give excellent customer service to our customers, with a general ethos of putting the customer first
- Good Multi-Tasker and able to work under pressure
- Has an effective approach to troubleshooting and is a natural problem solver
- 2nd Line Infrastructure Engineer should ideally have technical ability in the following: -
- Tier 1 Technologies: VMware vSphere, NetApp SAN (7mode/Cluster/MetroCluster)
- Tier 2 Technologies: Cisco/HP/Mellanox Switches/Firewall/Routers, Cisco UCS Servers, Fujitsu Servers, HP Servers, Nutanix Hyper convergence Servers (VMware, Hyper-V, Acropolis), VMware NSX, Fujitsu SAN, Juniper Firewalls, Microsoft Hyper-V
- Tier 3 technologies: CheckPoint, Trend Micro Deep Security, Trend Micro Worry Free Business
- We will consider candidates who have a mix of the above depending on skills in each tier
Hours of Work
- Your normal hours of work will be 8.5 hour shifts, based between the hours of 7am and 7pm, Monday to Friday inclusive of an hours unpaid lunch break each day totalling 37.5 hours a week
If you have experience in a 2nd line support role with a broad infrastructure skill set, you have a real passion for technology and want to work for a dynamic business that is really going places, then send your CV for consideration.
- Line Support
- Service Desk
- 2nd Line
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job