Are you looking for a new exciting opportunity working as a 2nd Line Field Engineer to be based near Milton Keynes?
Main Duties of the Role
• Attending customer premises to perform on-site work across the UK.
• Completing required forms/paperwork for each site visit - obtaining sign-off from relevant site contact.
• Taking responsibility for your personal call queue, ensuring that all calls are updated and closed in a timely fashion. Logging detailed and accurate information into the Call Management system.
• Communicating with clients to keep them updated on the progression of their issue and ensuring that customer satisfaction remains high.
• Fixing hardware faults and installing upgrades to clients’ hardware as required.
• Perform software builds/rebuilds on PCs and laptops as required.
• Escalating calls as necessary in a timely and efficient manner with full details required to investigate further.
Your Skills and Experience
• 5+ years’ experience, MSP experience is desired
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Time management skills with the ability to prioritise effectively.
• Strong knowledge of MS Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 operating systems to an administrative level and MS Server 2008, 2012 and 2016.
• Good understanding of Microsoft Office software and Office 365.
• Microsoft Terminal Services/RDP to support level.
• Good knowledge and experience of MS Exchange.
• Knowledge and understanding of Active Directory, Group Policy, etc.
• Experience of installation, configuration and support of hardware (PCs, laptops, printers, scanners, server hardware, routers, switches, firewalls, UPS’s, etc.).
• Experience of installing and maintaining equipment in a comms/server rack - installing devices, cabling, patching, etc.
• Must know how to setup routers (ideally including Netgear and Draytek) with port forwarding, firewall rules and Wi-Fi.
• Experience of virtualised Microsoft environments.
• Experience supporting Apple Mac systems.
• Microsoft certified
• CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+ certified.
• WatchGuard Firewalls (configure/troubleshoot).
• Microsoft SQL Server.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'