Gigaclear is a fast-growing, game changing fibre provider making a significant difference to the broadband landscape in rural England, fast-making broadband the fourth utility. We have grown from 30 to 200+ employees over the last 2 years and we have plans to double in size again in the next 12-18 months. We are a transparent bunch where initiative and hard-work is rewarded with development and progression opportunities.
An extension of our Customer Care department this role will have a more technical focus with the purpose of supporting, troubleshooting and diagnosing any issues customers may have with their broadband internet connection. This a new role within our Care function and there is a real opportunity to come in and help shape and develop the role as we grow.
- Resolving customer's technical issues in a calm and systematic way.
- Creating documentation that supports customers and the care department with fault diagnosis.
- Training of the wider team in common technical issue resolutions
- Liaison with the wider technical teams to develop skills and ability to troubleshoot without escalating
- Documentation of customer incidents
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent Customer Service and Support skills are essential
- Familiar with home networking equipment and ability to troubleshoot common technical problems
- Ability to translate the technical to the non-technically minded
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
Experience & Qualifications
- Would suit someone who is qualified through experience - has a passion for IT and problem solving and is the go to person for family and friends with techy problems
- A Degree in a technology discipline eg. Computer Science, Networks, Science, IT, would be desirable
- Studies in Networking, eg CCNA, would be highly desirable
- Customer Service
- Customer Support
- Technical Support
- 1st Line
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job