2nd Line, IT, Support
2nd Line Analyst
Hatfield - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract - Competitive salary
Europe's leading independent provider of IT infrastructure service are looking for a 2nd Line Analyst to join their team in Hatfield, Hertfordshire. The role is to provide support services relating to specific application systems, both to users of the systems and for service delivery functions, such as computer operations and help desk. This includes investigating and resolving problems and providing information about the systems. This often involves close collaboration with the systems' developers.
- 10% - Receives requests for support from users, other service delivery staff and help desk. Prioritises requests in accordance with defined SLA's and the needs of the organisation
- 20% - Within a broad area of competence, investigates problems and other requests for support and determines appropriate actions to take
- 40% - Within own area of competence, provides correct responses to requests for support by means of for example, manipulating data, developing work-arounds or site-specific enhancements, training users or operations staff, producing additional documentation or escalating requests to systems development staff or software suppliers. Ensures all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures
- Monitors progress of requests for support and ensures users and other interested parties are kept informed. Takes corrective action to avoid or minimise delays
- 20% - Liaises with systems development staff or software suppliers on the development of system enhancements to overcome known problems or further fulfil user requirements
- 10% - Provides advice and guidance to less experienced colleagues where required
The Ideal Candidate
- Has achieved proficiency in the role of 2nd Line Support Analyst (minimum of 18 months experience)
- Knowledge of SQL/Oracle is essential. This attribute is required to select information held within databases to resolve complex issues on a daily basis
- Excellent trouble-shooting and analytical approach to incident diagnosis
- Is able to resolve complex technical issues on numerous supported applications
- Has experience of communicating with users on technical issues
- Demonstrates good oral and written communications skills. Capable of liaison with MIM team, Senior IS Management, key business stakeholders, Vendors etc
- Has a thorough knowledge of business aspects of the applications(s), and of technical aspects of the application system(s) and the hardware and software environment in which they run. Has a thorough knowledge of IS development processes
- Familiar with Server analysis (i.e.: be able to log into servers using PC Duo/Remote Desktop) and how to check for disk space/memory usage/Windows Services running/Scheduling tasks etc)
This is an ideal opportunity for someone looking to make the move into 2nd line analysis or an experienced analyst looking to work for a large market leading company. If you are interested then please apply now or call Richard on to find out more.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'