2nd AND 3rd Line Support Engineers
3rd Line Support Engineer, IT Service Desk Engineer, IT Technician, 3rd Line Support, Technical Support Engineer, 2nd Line Support Engineer, 2nd Line Support Technician, 2nd Line Support Analyst, IT Support Engineer, Second Line
An award winning IT Solutions provider with several UK offices. With exceptional growth, we are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Team Leader and 3rd Line IT Engineer to support our existing team, as well as additional 2nd Line Engineers to join the team.
2nd Line Engineers main responsibility is to deliver exceptional 2nd Line IT Helpdesk technical support to both internal and external customers and staff, assisting them with hardware and software problems via phone and email. In addition, you will provide onsite support clinics to remote sites (travel will be required) as per agreed schedule or as and when required.
The 3rd Line/Team Lead role involves working at various locations as required by the Business and therefore a full, clean driving licence is essential.
3rd Line/Team Lead
For the 3rd line engineer and team leader, it is essential that you provide clear communication at all times and demonstrate strong management and leadership skills. You will have a range of responsibilities and in-depth technical ability covering servers, desktops and networking equipment, together with cloud technologies and applications such as Microsoft Office 365 and G-Suite.
- Understand emerging technologies and play an active role with the IT Management team in defining the technical direction of the company
- Responsible for the uptime and performance of our client’s IT infrastructure
- Liaising with managers, 1st and 2nd line engineers and all members of the team to ensure ITIL incidents and problems are resolved effectively
- Ensure the relationships with infrastructure projects are fully transitioned into operational support in a managed controlled manner and to SLA
- Have excellent time management skills and customer service mentality
- Assist with the training and mentoring of IT Teams and other colleagues within the company. In addition, you will cover extensive projects
The successful applicant must have:
- Extensive 3rd line experience
- Azure cloud experience
- Amazon AWS knowledge
- Window Server 2012, 2016 and 2019 experience
- Active Directory
- Office365 - deployment and migration (not just client install)
- Google G-Suite - deployment and migration (not just client install)
- Security compliance experience
- Experience in the ITIL frameworks to deliver services and change control
- Project management experience
- Experience of using Prince or Agile (not essential but can help)
- VMware deployment
- Microsoft Hyper-V deployment
- Fileserver hardware configuration and fault diagnosis
- VLAN Configurations
- Microsoft Exchange 2013 (onwards) experience
- Firewall configurations
- Staff coaching skills
- Familiarisation training abilities - to assist with new developments
- Management skills would be advantageous
- Ability to work under pressure
2nd Line Key Responsibilities:
- Strong technical support skills for the following; Microsoft Windows administration (Server and Client) and fault diagnosis, Microsoft Office Applications including Word, Excel, Teams and other Office 365 applications, IT Hardware fault diagnosis, Server/PC/Laptop and Networking equipment, Microsoft Office 365 Administration, migration and deployment
- Virtualisation technologies such as VMware and Hyper-V
- The use of initiative to proactively seek out and investigate resolutions to newly arising issues, and take steps to test and implement these resolutions where appropriate
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration with colleagues, working together to provide an excellent service
- Good customer service experience
- The ability to be flexible in the face of changing circumstances and situations
- Advanced understanding and experience using and supporting Microsoft Office Products: Windows 10, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Skype for Business, Teams, SharePoint.
- Experience using Microsoft Administration tools and applications: Active Directory, Hyper-V, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy management, Exchange email server on premises
- Experience using and supporting hardware, ideally including Laptops, Intel PC systems, Android and Apple smartphones
- Experience of Router configurations, VPN, Broadband fault diagnosis
- Good understanding of networking & fixed-line, VOIP and mobile telephony
- Asset and configuration management
- Project management skills
- Migration/deployment skills
- Effective time management skills
- Interpersonal Communication skills
- Positive ethos
- Current DBS check
- ITIL v3 foundation
- Microsoft SQL experience
- Microsoft Certified Professional or equivalent certifications
This position is advertised by Justin James Recruitment Ltd operating as an employment agency.
- 2nd Line
- 3rd Line
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'