2nd / 3rd Line IT Support Engineer, Didcot, £30k plus benefits:
A leading provider of IT managed services to companies across the Oxfordshire area is seeking a talented and customer focused IT Systems Administrator to provide onsite and remote 2nd / 3rd line support to their customers. This position would suit a either a really strong 2nd line support engineer looking to progress and make the step up into a 3rd line position or someone that is already in a 2nd / 3rd Line position.
On a daily basis the IT System Administration will provide either face to face or remote 2nd/3rd line support covering Windows Server 2008 & 2012, Exchange Servers, Active Directory and Group Policy. You will lead some IT projects, implementing, upgrading and migrating technology into their customers whilst constantly looking to improve and consult their customers.
To be considered for this IT Systems Administrator role, you will need the following experience and skills:
- At least 3-5 years' experience either in a 2nd or 3rd line support position
- Experience covering Windows Server 2008 & preferably 2012, Exchange Servers, Active Directory and Group Policy is essential
- SQL knowledge would be an advantage
- General Experience with Windows 7, 8 & 10 Desktop environments
- Standard IP knowledge of internal & external IP address range types is expected, along with basic, subnetting & routing
- Network peripherals, firewalls, routers etc. Cisco experience would be a plus but is not essential
- The ability to inspire confidence in clients, meet deadlines, and be responsible for the day-to-day support requirements of the clients and the network
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills are a must, with documentation of activities in our Issue Management System
- Valid UK driving licence essential
If you're a 2nd / 3rd Line IT Support Engineer looking for a new exciting challenge which has a lot of variety and technical challenges, then please send MARS Recruitment a copy of your CV.
MARS Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and positively welcomes applications from suitably qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, sex, marital status, national origin, religion, age, disability, or any other protected status. Suitable candidates for the role will be contacted within 3 working days, unfortunately if you haven't heard back in this time your application has been unsuccessful at this time.
MARS Recruitment is a specialist Engineering & IT recruiter working in partnership with companies across the UK and offers services of both an Employment Business (for Temporary/Contract roles) and an Employment Agency (for Permanent roles).
- Active Directory
- Windows Server
- 2nd Line
- 3rd Line
- Group Policy
- Firewall Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job