We’re one of the UK’s largest and fastest growing software companies & we’re on the lookout for talented IT professionals to join our award-winning Desk Side Assist team at a number of prestigious client sites.
True partnership and loyalty is the defining thing that makes us different from the competition. We pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Join a business that rewards innovation raw talent and gives you the scope to seize every opportunity and will help get you where you want to go. Life at Advanced begins in an unprecedented environment with a role that matters, taking you on a dynamic journey of discovery, however big that might be.
This role is part of a team of Desk Side Assist (DSA) Engineers on site with a variety of client sites. Each DSA reports to a Team Leader, who in turn collaborates with the DSA Manager within our Client Support function.
Each DSA is tasked with providing optimal value to our business by providing on-site IT support at the first and second line at one or several of our customers’ premises.
You will be responsible for the following;
- Log or update all IT enquiries that reach you (by phone, email, IM, or in person etc) in the central ticketing system. Ensure that tickets are updated daily unless there is an agreement evidenced for them to be on hold for a specific time period.
- Provide desktop and application support to staff in person on site, or to remote workers as required. Undertake troubleshooting and research issues with the relevant manufacturers or vendors as required.
- Advance tickets that require help from other resolvers in order to deliver standard methodology customer service or to achieve SLA.
- Be involved in both reactive and problem management of customer IT issues in line with ITIL methodologies. Supply of Problem Record documents and conference calls as required.
- Stay in sync with the requirements of both the Customers and One Advanced processes. Give a contribution to Change Request documents and CAB meetings.
Take ownership of work required on site to build and support processes for:
- Incident Management
- Service Request Fulfilment
- Procurement and Licensing
- Asset and configuration management,
- Supervising IT contractors when on site,
- Completing periodic audits (of security, or equipment or for regulatory purposes),
- Hardware or software rollouts or upgrades to individuals,
- Deskside patch management & Ad hoc project implementations as required by our Professional Services division.
- Take responsibility for producing and updating a One Advanced Customer Information Pack about this customer that other DSA's will refer to before coming to the site.
- Run inductions and mentor other Desk Side Engineers when they visit the customer site so that they complete the required inductions to work effectively with all systems.
- Chip into the One Advanced knowledge base for that customer by documenting required run book processes, procedures, and solutions to known errors.
- Review the monthly Service Report that is issued to the customer, and agree with your team leader or the customers’ Service Delivery Manager the specific improvement actions required by the onsite team.
- Provide regular feedback to your line manager on initiatives that would improve the service provided to the customers. This includes but is not exclusively relating to happiness surveys.
- At least 12 months’ previous experience in a 2nd Line Desk Side Support Engineer role.
- Phenomenal ability to provide excellent and professional support in person.
- Certificates in Microsoft Windows OS (Windows 2000 > Windows 7) and server administration is preferable.
- Comprehensive hardware knowledge including mobile devices.
- Active Directory, Exchange and Back Up Software administration knowledge.
- Be determined, decisive and resilient.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office applications (ideally Office 2010 onwards).
- Experience of network and software patching.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, communicating with diverse customers of varying levels of IT experience.
- Meticulous and motivated, capable of working on their own on-site as required.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities and coverage hours.
- Study of technical troubleshooting techniques and newest technologies to remain current.
- ITIL V3 Foundation certificate or higher is mandatory.
Other experience is desirable in the following technology areas:
- VPN Technology
- Cisco Switching
- Virtualisation (VMware & Hyper-V)
The working day can vary depending on which customer site you are assigned to. Generally, these are standard office hours (9 - 5.30) however some of the customers may require you to work from 07:00 and finish at 19:00 on an alternating shift basis. There will be a requirement to work on weekends and to assist with on-call duties out of the norm by arrangement. The work required will depend on our clients' schedules for patching and projects.
Join the A Team
Does this sound like the kind of role you are looking for?
If you are keen to join a modern and forward-thinking business that is going through an exciting growth period at the moment then please apply via the link above.
Some of our Key Benefits are:
- Excellent benefits from day one: contributory pension, life insurance, income protection insurance, childcare voucher salary sacrifice, cycle to work scheme, and employee assistance programme
- 25 days holidays
- Special focus on training and development with the opportunity to excel your career from our internal Talent Development Team
- You can become part of an organisation that has recently been ranked by Deloitte in the Top 50 fastest growing tech Companies
If you wish to gain more information about our careers and life in general at Advanced please follow us on Linked In and visit our careers pageWe are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national orig
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job