SC Clearance is required for this role.
The 2LS Engineer is required to provide second level support to high calibre customers and personnel.
Location: Customer site in Durham
Hours: Monday to Friday - 37.5 hours between 7.00am and 7.00pm
- Provide email, remote service or phone call based IT service to clients from work assigned from a call management ticketing/queue system.
- Ensure that incidents are resolved in a timely manner to meet defined service level targets.
- Participate as a project resource as and when required.
- Participate in an on call rota as required.
- Accurately diagnose fault calls to enable a quick resolution with minimum inconvenience to the end user.
- Provide end user support on site.
- Refer to relevant procedures to perform role, including security requirements
- Ensure administration is satisfactory and up to date.
- Knowledge of a wide range of technology PCs, tablets, smart phones
- Excellent customer liaison skills, ability to deal with stressed and busy clients
- Ability to deal with clients at all levels in the organisation
- Ability to liaise with internal and external IT teams to see an issue through
- Quick decision making and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate technical issues in plain language.
- Experience supporting Microsoft Windows 8/7, XP (PC operating systems)
- Experience supporting Microsoft Standard desktop applications - MS Office, IE, etc.
- Basic Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook setup and configuration
- Ability to understand installation processes of the client software - SCCM and Manual methods
- Experience with Active Directory support and administration
- Experience with Lotus Notes support and administration
- Experience in hardware, software and network troubleshooting (preferably with a technical qualification)
- Proficient in supporting Remote users - positive and friendly customer service aptitude
- Team player.
- Pro-active approach
- Attention to detail.
- Can work under pressure.
- Tact & diplomacy.
- Good time-keeping.
- Adhere to health & safety procedures
Daisy Group... About us
When Daisy Group was first established, it had a simple business model, to be an alternative provider of telephone lines and calls for UK-based small and medium-sized businesses.
Well over a decade later and both Daisy and the telecommunications industry are almost unrecognisable. As technology and the different types of communication have advanced, Daisy has continued to evolve to ensure that it is able to offer customers and partners a full suite of IT and telecommunications products and services.
Over the last decade Daisy has developed through a combination of organic and acquisitive growth. With a business-to-business only focus, Daisy now boasts more than 60,000 customers and supplies IT and communications to some of the UK’s best-known organisations.
Daisy provides a range of unified communications and IT services, including connectivity, voice, maintenance, as well as cloud and hosting solutions.
Our colleagues work hard to deliver for our customers and that is why we give them the recognition and rewards they deserve for their effort.
But working at Daisy is much more than just a fair salary. It’s about providing a range of benefits and opportunities to all our staff to make working with us enjoyable.
Our ethos is simple: the more you put in the more you get out.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer:
- Holiday entitlement of 25 days, plus bank holidays
- Additional day’s holiday for every year of service, up to a maximum of 30 days.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Company Sick Pay
- Childcare Vouchers
- Eye care Vouchers
- Discounted Medicash Membership
- Monthly reward scheme
- Daisy Deals - Everyone who works at Daisy has the option to take advantage of discounts and savings at over 1,200 retailers.
- Discounts on a range of Daisy products
Why work for Daisy?
It only takes a quick glance inside Daisy to appreciate the contribution of every single employee to our success.
Whatever our employees do - from sales and marketing to engineering and customer service - their dedication is helping thousands of UK businesses realise their digital potential.
In order to reach our target, we make sure that every person has the opportunity to create a long and successful career at Daisy. With so many varied roles across 30 sites throughout the UK, and various training and development programmes, the growth opportunities with us are boundless.
So if you’re an enthusiastic, driven and passionate individual looking to make a difference, you could be just the type of person we are looking for.
- Customer Service
- Technical Support
- 2nd Line
- Fault Resolution
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job