24/7 Technical Engineer - Windows 10, Troubleshooting, Network Security
This is a 24 x 7 role based out of Ultima’s state of the art Technical Centre in Reading. Ultima provides a fully Managed Service for many of its customers including monitoring, managing and hosting of customers Networking Infrastructure, VPNS and Firewalls. Having achieved ISO27001 certification for our TSC in 2007 we adhere to strict security measures. As part of this all job offers will be made subject to receipt of 2 references.
This role involves front line customer contact. You will be the first point of contact for our customer base via telephone or e-mail.
- To monitor and respond to system requests based on designated procedural outlines.
- Provide basic systems administration tasks, in-line with Ultima and Client standards and procedures.
- To provide technical assistance to the Customer in the resolution of technical issues.
- If unable to resolve the issue, you will escalate to the relevant parties using the Internal Escalation Process and/or the Critical Index matrix which is detailed in 'Event Management & Escalation Process’ of customer SLAs.
- To assist in the generation of client reports.
- Each employee must adhere to the Security Policies defined within Ultima’s ISO 27001 Accreditation. Adherence to these Policies is mandatory at all times. All Personnel have a 'Duty of Care’ to themselves and their working environment at all times.
- Networking, Operating Systems and Hardware Platforms
- Exposure to perimeter Security products in the working environment is desirable
- Basic IP/Routing/VPN Connectivity desirable
- Basic Cisco/Checkpoint desirable
- Microsoft Windows
- Experience supporting Windows Server
- Active Directory/Exchange
- Office 365
- Operating Systems
- Windows Server
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job