The following job is no longer available:
2021 Graduate Scheme Economic & Financial Consulting
2021 Graduate Scheme Economic & Financial Consulting
About Economic and Financial Consulting
FTI Consulting's Economic & Financial Consulting practice is a rapidly growing team of around 150 economists, accountants and finance experts. We draw on a diverse set of skills to answer a wide range of economic and financial questions for international law firms, global conglomerates and FTSE 100 companies, governments and regulators, often in the context of legal disputes.
We have particular expertise in valuation of businesses, intellectual property, complex financial products, and other assets. We are the leading firm in the provision of expert evidence on valuation issues before courts and tribunals all around the world and we also perform valuations in a variety of non-dispute contexts (for instance, restructuring, financial reporting, IP licencing).
We also specialise in providing economic advice to governments, regulators, companies and investors on economic regulation across Europe, the Middle East and Africa. We apply economic theory in a highly practical way to offer economic advice to both regulators and regulated companies on a wide range of issues.
Examples of our recent work:
- Example Project - The effect of regulatory changes in the solar power industry: We worked with a number of investors in solar power plants to challenge the justification for, and assess the impact of, changes to solar feed in tariffs.
Examples of other recent projects include:
- Modelling the earning potential and case for subsidising rural broadband networks in Europe
- Advising on the fair distribution of royalties from streaming services to artists
- Valuation of a collection of airports in South Africa
- Conducting an event study to determine whether the release of inside information had a material impact on the share price of a European bank
- Assessing the impact of Uber's arrival in London on the earnings of Black Cab drivers
- Valuing Chinese businesses de-listed from US exchanges and re-listed in China to determine whether US investors were underpaid for their shares
- Determining the extra cost to the NHS because generic drugs were kept off the market as a result of invalid patent claims Delivering incisive interpretation of complex economic issues has made us a global leader in this field.
What you will do and what we offer you
You will have the opportunity to apply your intellect and analytical skills to challenging economic, financial and business issues across many different industries. Our graduates play a key role throughout our projects, collaborating with team members on project design, performing research and analysis and developing insights and conclusions. We typically work in small teams, which offers new joiners good exposure to senior staff form an early stage.
You will be supported through professional qualifications to become a Chartered Accountant (ACA) or a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA). In addition, we have a comprehensive formal in-house learning and development programme and support other industry and technical training, offered in accordance with business need. As you take on new responsibilities, your training will help you develop into an effective and professional consultant.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for numerate, analytical and inquisitive team players from any degree subject who are able to think independently and creatively.
Candidates must have a minimum of a 2:1 degree and must be able to demonstrate their quantitative skills.
- We will only consider applications which include a CV summarising your academic performance at university and the results of your A-level or equivalent qualifications.
- Applications close on 31 January 2021.
- Please note that assessments are delayed until 2021 due to COVID, and therefore, applicants may not hear from us for some time after their application.
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits.
We offer a competitive benefits and wellbeing programme including private medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, income protection, flex critical illness cover, 5% employer pension contribution, holiday buy, discounted gym membership, interest free travel loans, paid volunteer hours and corporate matching for charitable donations, and much more.
About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 5,000 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America's Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes . For more information, visit and connect with us on Twitter ( @FTIConsulting ), Facebook and LinkedIn .
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'