1st Line Support - ITIL - O365 - Glasgow - £100 per day
Your new company
My client, a Private Sector facilities organisation is looking for 1st Line Support in the contract arena. A real specialist service desk analyst with knowledge around ITIL, Office 365 and adherence to SLA's.
Your new role
- Receive and log requests for support from service desk, other service delivery staff and/or users; investigate problems and other requests for support and determines appropriate actions to take. Prioritises requests in accordance with agreed criteria and with reference to Line Manager
- Monitor progress of requests for support and ensure users and other interested parties are kept informed.
- Provide correct responses to requests for support by making modifications to system parameters, developing work-arounds or site specific enhancements, reconfiguring systems, changing operating procedures, producing additional documentation, or escalating requests to software suppliers. Ensure all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures.
- Basic administration of the following systems
- Service Desk Management tool
- Desktop & Device Management tool
- Patch Management
- AV Technologies
- Active Directory
- Office 365
- Remote Desktop Services
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Providing support, configuration and maintenance on CRH's devices and services, by becoming an expert on the use of all aspects of these systems.
- Delivering support to existing business users and investigating and resolving faults.
- Working with colleagues in identifying and proposing system changes, better uses, enhancements and developments and liaising with appropriate vendors, users and the IT Team.
What you'll need to succeed
- Ideally educated to S/NVQ for Information/ Communication Technology, or sound experience in a comparable role.
- Driving license as some travel round the country is required
- Experience of supporting enterprise desktop estates (Windows 7, Windows 2008 +)
- Administration of Windows Desktop (GPO & Remote management)
- Ability to learn fast and take ownership of issues to completion
- A good technical base of understanding and decision making
- Good telephone manner, customer care, communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Pragmatic and flexible approach
- Can-do attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills
What you'll get in return
This is a fantastic opportunity within the IT Service Desk function of this global organisation. Contract opportunities due lead to permanent posts from time to time so a great opportunity to try and see if the shoe fits before embarking on a great career here.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job