An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented individual to join our Infrastructure team based in Liverpool. Working as part of a busy business the role will role will involve supporting, developing and enhancing the end user experience within a regulated environment. You will enjoy solving complex problems in a time-pressured environment and be able to articulate solutions to a varied audience.
You will be part as part of a desktop, server and network support team, building and working on enterprise grade software systems. You will interface to the company and vendors by telephone, e-mail and using remote control software, where you will provide an excellent service to end users and set expectations based on agreed processes.
You will have responsibility for 2nd line service requests to agreed resolution times; 'own' end user issues through to resolution and recognise when to escalate an issue within the team.
* Supporting the companies security protocols
* Liaise directly with the end users
* Maintenance of company IT assets
* Updating of departmental documentation
* Undertake support or escalate to relevant persons
* Dealing with faults in order of priority in conjunction with and as directed by other members of the IT team and the IT Infrastructure Manager
* General maintenance and repair of PC's hardware
* Windows and Apple Mac Desktop and Laptop Builds
* Application installation
* Set-up of PCs and installation of Printers on a Network
* Creating users account within Active Directory
* Supporting Mobile device queries
* Setting up new telephone extensions
* Possible remote site visits with other IT team members
* 1 year + commercial experience within IT
* Excellent communication skills
* Excellent problem solving skills
* Proactive and resourceful
* Basic understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration
* Good software skills e.g. MS Office, Windows operating systems
* Passion for IT technologies
* Desire to learn new technologies
* Team Player
1st Line Support Technician - Liverpool- £20-25K.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to or call for more information.
1st Line Support Technician - Liverpool- £20-25K..
- Helpdesk 1st line
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job