1st Line Support - Godalming
1st Line Support - Godalming
£20000 - £23000
2i Recruit are delighted to be working with a Managed Service Provider that offer 1st class customer service to an impressive range of clients! Due to continued success and company growth there is a fantastic opportunity for a tech savvy individual to join the team in a 1st line support role. The company offer great progression opportunities and a fab culture!
Role & Responsibilities
- Responding to, logging and managing calls from clients requiring technical assistance, primarily relating to general networking issues, Microsoft and Citrix Products from first through to third line level.
- Remotely assisting customers with issues and seeking a resolution.
- Maintaining frequent communication with clients to keep them informed of the status of their queries.
- Liaising with third parties in order to resolve client issues.
- Working within a defined service level agreement.
- Keeping customers and internal contacts informed of progress on calls.
- Managing a queue of calls, responding according to priority, closing calls efficiently and re assessing your workload each day, reassigning calls where appropriate.
- Researching technical problems that you are not familiar with, in order to find a fast and effective resolution for the client.
- Supporting on site engineers with research and assistance.
- Trouble-shooting and solving client queries quickly and efficiently.
- Handing over calls for queries for which you cannot find a resolution or to ensure the most efficient spread of the workload across the whole team.
- Taking part in a rota of first line support provision.
- Ensuring that you deliver a professional, customer focused service at all times.
- Ensuring a good relationship between contracted support customers and colleagues.
- Ensuring that onsite engineers are briefed on the history of support calls where appropriate.
- Making recommendations for improvements to the Support Manager
- Attending Supplier product briefings and training courses.
- Maintaining industry accreditations and attending relevant training courses.
- The timely and accurate completion of internal paperwork and systems, including the customer database.
- Ensuring that all of your activities are completed in accordance with the companys ISO procedures.
- Working with other members of the team to ensure that the highest standards of customer care are delivered at all times.
- Assisting in other areas of the business if required, to cover sickness, holidays or client needs.
- Attending and participating in company meetings.
- Ensuring that you maintain clear, polite, well-spoken contact with all clients regardless of their attitude.
- Maintaining a professional image at all times.
- Happy to turn your hand to new technical issues and solutions, and enjoy problem solving and fault finding.
- Smart, well presented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Well organised with an ability to manage a demanding workload and understand client priorities.
- Genuinely interested in the IT industry, with a personal drive to keep your skills and knowledge up to date or ahead of the game.
- A people person who can keep calm in stressful situations and explain technical solutions to non-technical end users.
- A team player, focussed on delivering good service, supporting clients and colleagues but able to work independently.
- Committed to your work, flexible in your approach and willing to go the extra mile on a daily basis.
A broad range of technical skills are required for this role, and training will be provided for any areas where you don’t have strong knowledge. The following skills would be a particular advantage
- Windows Server Operating Systems
- Windows Desktop Operating Systems
- MS Exchange Server
- Anti Virus Software
- Back Up Software and Hardware
- Server and Desktop Hardware
- IP Networking and Routing
- Netscreen Firewalls
- MS SQL Server
If you have not been contacted within 5 working days, then unfortunately on this occasion your CV has not been shortlisted.
- Communication Skills
- Customer Service
- Technical Support
- 1st Line
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'