Up to £20,000 depending on experience
THE OPPORTUNITY - 1st Line Support Engineer
Are you looking to start your career within IT?
Do you want to build up your technical knowledge, supporting a range of systems?
Then this is the right role for you.
A growing IT Consultancy based in North Portsmouth is looking for a 1st Line Support Engineer, with excellent customer services skills to join their successful technical team. This is a great opportunity to learn more about providing support within a managed services environment and to be able to support external clients of various sizes.
This organisation will provide you will full training on IT systems (predominantly Microsoft), but ideally you will have some prior experience working in a customer services / IT Helpdesk / Service Desk type role, with a basic understanding of IT. You will be someone who is keen to learn more, and will be provided with the opportunity to grow within this company.
This is a real chance for you to establish a career within IT.
THE ROLE / COMPANY - 1st Line Support Engineer
- The company is an established Managed Services Provider and technology partner, that is experiencing a period of growth.
- You will be acting as the first point of contact on the IT Helpdesk, working as part of the Service Desk team in answering customer calls, logging tickets and assigning them accordingly.
- Where possible, you will be resolving tickets on a 1st Line basis within defined SLAs and escalating to 2nd Line Support where necessary.
- You will also have responsibility for administrating new starters / leavers.
- Responsibility for setting up, configuring and maintaining devices, laptops and desktops including software.
- Ad hoc project work with engineering teams when required.
IDEAL SKILLSET - 1st Line Support Engineer
Ideally you will have some experience within a previous IT Support role / within education, with experience in some of the following:
- Microsoft Windows OS and Office
- Computer hardware - desktop, laptop and printer troubleshooting.
- Basic understanding of network including Wi-Fi.
- Basic knowledge of Active Directory.
HOW TO APPLY - 1st Line Support Engineer
If this sounds like the right role for you, and you’d like to know more, then please apply and we can have an informal chat.
You can also get in contact with me via my LinkedIn page (search Louise Holdstock) - all of my contact details are available there.
Don’t worry if your CV is not up to date. We can deal with that later if needed.
1st Line Support | Customer Service | Service Desk Analyst | Helpdesk Analyst | IT Support | Hardware | Laptop | Active Directory | Microsoft Office | Telephony | Helpdesk
- Customer Service
- Technical Support
- 1st Line
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'