1st Line Support Engineer
Our client is a leading business IT support and service company. From their help-desk office in Borough Green (near to M20/M26), they support customers across Kent, London and the South East.
Their engineers are client focused and are expected to manage every aspect of customer accounts at both the granular and strategic levels. The right person will be presented with a challenging and dynamic role, delivering high-quality IT services to their growing customer base.
They are renowned for superlative customer service and helpful nature, key factors in the long-term relationships they build with their customers.
About the Role:
· The 1st Line Network Engineer will be working as part of a dedicated team of engineers within a busy and expanding IT services company
· The 1st Line Network Engineer will be expected to work through helpdesk tickets and will have the opportunity to go out on-site and visit clients
· The existing team is efficient and friendly as it deals with all kinds of support issues generated by the customer base. There is an approximate 50/50 split of time in and out of the office
· The 1st Line Network Engineer will need to thrive on multi-tasking as they complete tasks like installing servers, replacing workstations, resolving OS faults as well as identifying and resolving network connectivity issues
· The 1st Line Network Engineer will be given every opportunity to learn and will gain a wealth of hands-on experience
· Ultimately the 1st Line Network Engineer will use the products and services within the established portfolio to recognise new business opportunities and then escalate them into new sales
Key Skills and Background
The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate the following:
· A solid understanding of Microsoft Desktops and an awareness of networking technologies
· Excellent communications skills (specifically oral, literacy and numeracy)
· High standards of customer service and a personable nature
· Accomplished problem solver
· Recognised Microsoft accreditations (MCSA, MCSE, MCPs) would be advantageous
The 1st Line Network Engineer will be required to work shift hours to suit the needs and requirements of the business:- 7:45am - 4:15pm 8:45am - 5:15pm 9:45am - 6:15pm
On a roster basis there is an out of hours service between 6:00pm - 8:00am Monday to Friday and 24 hours on Saturday, Sunday or a Bank Holiday. For being on call for out of hours service the rate of pay is as follows:-
£20.00 - for being on standby to accept out of hours calls on Monday to Friday
£50.00 - for being on standby to accept out of hours calls on a Sat, Sun or Bank Holiday
£20.00 - for each call the 1st Line Network Engineer receives from a client
Holiday Entitlement: 32 days (including 8 bank holiday)
Contractual Sick Pay: Commencing after 6 months continuous employment (terms applied)
Expenses: Travel expenses for site visits
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'