1st Line Support Engineer
ShortList Recruitment are recruiting for a 1st Line Support Engineer to join a busy IT support team and provide first line support to end users.
The 1st Line Support Engineer is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic helpdesk analyst or support analyst who wants to join a very friendly and busy team in an established and modern business.
In the 1st Line Support Engineer role you will receive the full support of a strong IT Team.
Typical daily responsibilities will include:
- Taking and logging calls from users
- Providing 1st Line Support, ranging from password resets to major fault diagnosis
- Remotely accessing user environments to carry out detailed fault diagnostics
- Providing excellent levels of customer service at all time
- Running daily checks on backups and carrying out preventative maintenance on customer environments
- Preparing and building customer equipment as required
- Completing small projects as required, including researching and testing new products and technologies
The right 1st Line Support Engineer for this role will have prior experience in a busy helpdesk environment and have good hands-on support knowledge of areas such as:
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange
- Windows 10
- Basic VMWare and Citrix administration
- Network fault finding and diagnostics
- Network cabling and patching
- Backup technologies
The 1st Line Support Engineer will receive full support and training, and will be expected to be willing to constantly learn new skills and technologies.
The salary on offer is up to £24,000 and is based in Cheadle, easily commutable from Stockport, Manchester, Altrincham and Knutsford.
If you would like to be considered for the 1st Line Support Engineer role please click 'APPLY'.
ShortList Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
ShortList specialise in the full spectrum of IT positions, from CIO to Helpdesk Analyst, on both a permanent and contract basis.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'