1st Line Support Engineer
Purpose of post
The 1st Line Support Engineer provides advanced support services to Our clients and customers. The support services may require detailed analysis of SIP signalling and IP communications protocols.
The 1st Line Support Engineer may be required to provide 1st Line services to support the Technical Assistance Centre (TAC) rota’s. Also provides support services to our internal network and telecoms.
Upto £23,000 dependant on experience + 10% bonus based on performances
Service Desk Manager
Support Desk Network Technician with minimum 1 years’ experience in Support Desk functions. The person must have IP, IT and data networking knowledge to make their mark on this rapidly growing market.
To succeed in this role you will be expected to:
• Provide 1st line support for all customers & resellers via phone or email or face-to-face;
• Log all incidents and requests within the Incident Management System and update ticket in a timely manner;
• Take ownership of customers & resellers problems, follow up the status of problems on their behalf and communicate progress in a timely manner;
• Troubleshoot & Diagnose hardware/software faults;
• Following in-depth diagnosis, escalate to 2nd line where applicable;
• Provide support, training and be an escalation point for 1st line colleagues;
• Liaise with 2nd line support external suppliers to ensure resolution to agreed standards and timescales;
• Manage, prioritise and plan own work queue and deal with tickets within the set SLAs;
• Share technical knowledge with users and to provide basic training on systems and applications;
• Troubleshoot basic network issues such as router & firewall issues;
• Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles;
• Proactively drive your own training from senior members of staff to bridge the knowledge gap;
• Create and maintain knowledgebase articles to enable consistency and learning within the team.
• From time to time, attend customer sites to assist in rollout / deployment of the Clients telephony solution;
• Providing internal technical support (PC/telephone/etc.) to the UK office and ensuring that the office network is fully maintained and documented at all times;
• Be part of the out-of-hours on-call rota for the UK Service Desk;
• Provide essential out of hours support in the event of severe incident both internally and customer related;
• Undertake any and all other reasonable and related tasks/objectives associated with this role.
The successful candidate can look forward to being part of a vibrant team in a rapidly growing cloud telephony company.
This is a fantastic opportunity in to be part of a vibrant and growing telecom company which is part of an established European organisation. German engineering is at its best and solutions which are robust and reliable. Once informed about the solutions resellers want to be part of it and recommend it to their customers.
• Knowledge of SIP based PBXs;
• Knowledge of SIP routing and troubleshooting;
• Experience in a hands-on role supporting and/or installing IP telephony systems;
• Good working knowledge of IP Networking;
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Windows 7 & 8
• Knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure;
• 1+ years' experience in a IT Support Role - providing phone, email and onsite support;
• Possess excellent communication skills;
• Be an excellent problem solver with strong analytical skills;
• ITIL v3 Foundation Certification;
• Experience dealing with Routers, Firewalls network configuration;
• CCNA certification or similar experience;
We are the No. 1 telecom provider of enterprise-grade IP Centrex cloudbased telephone systems in Germany. The company was established in
2007 and has over 150 staff and serves over 200,000 business users in a rapidly growing market. It provides businesses of any size the opportunity to reduce their expenditure on telecommunications costs while increasing the productivity of their staff and enhancing their communications with customers and partners.
The cloud-based telephone system can be accessed from any location by telephone, mobile, or the PC. The company offers unified communications as a service delivered from the Cloud - meaning the system is provided via
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job