1st Line Support Engineer / Technical Support Engineer required for my client based in Wallingford (Oxfordshire) for a permanent role paying £18-22k DOE.
You will report to the IT Manager and be part of a small IT team responsible for supporting approx. 300 users across different locations.
You may be required to travel 1 per week to another local site and maybe 1 per month to London.
As an IT Engineer you will be the face of IT for the business and will be responsible for the smooth operations and running of IT support, IT Hardware and software. Duties will include:
- Resolving all support requests that reach the department via, email, phone and face to face in a timely manner.
- Work with the HR department to ensure new starters accounts, laptops and software are setup, installed and tested ready for the new person starting.
- Managing the departments stock of laptops and other IT hardware, gathering quotes and placing orders for equipment as required.
- Raising support calls with 3rd party providers for both software and hardware related issues.
- Proactively replacing IT equipment as per our hardware refresh policy.
- Troubleshooting an issue with a laptop in a high-pressure environment.
- Patching and testing network ports in our offices as required.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job