Are you looking for a new position working as a 1st Line Support Engineer based in Eynsham, Oxford?
Our Client is one of the UK’s leading end-to-end technology solutions providers. Your role will be providing customers with support on all aspects of their IT infrastructure including Networking, Server, Desktop & Laptop hardware and Software.
Main Duties of the Role
- •To provide a professional 1st line technical advisory, diagnostic and repair support service to customers within a busy Support Desk environment, via telephone and email
- •To log calls on the Service Management System and if escalated, own them through to resolution
- •To monitor & manage calls queues to ensure all incidents are dealt with within agreed SLA timescales, escalating where required to ensure that timescales are met
- •To ensure all support work undertaken is accurately recorded on the Service Management Systems (SMS), ensuring the SMS is kept fully up-to-date with the status of each ongoing problem
- •To ensure that the escalation process is adhered to at all times and that the customer is fully updated on the status of all ongoing problems and escalations
- •To provide overflow support to the Service Desk team during busy incident logging periods, answering 1st line calls and recording details on the SMS
- •To ensure the Change Control Procedure is followed at all times
- •To ensure compliance with the defined security policies regarding access to the System Support Centre area and any supported systems
Your Skills and Experience
- •Good working knowledge of Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems (Windows 7 and 10) and applications is essential.
- •Good working knowledge of Microsoft Server Operating Systems (Server 2008/2016) and core server applications
- •Good working knowledge of Active Directory
- •Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
- •Excellent written and verbal communication
- •Good understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and VPN’s
- •CompTia A+, N+ or S+
- •Relevant Microsoft qualifications an advantage
- •Experience of working in a similar role
- •£20,000-£22,000 per annum, depending on experience
The hours for the role are on a slight shift rota, between the hours of 8.00am and 6.00pm, Monday to Friday.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job