1st Line Service Desk Technician
Location: Ringwood, Hampshire
Salary: £17K -21k, DOE
Hours: 40 hours per week, including some Saturdays
We are a specialist provider of NHS IT Infrastructure and Support services, supporting NHS organisations to improve digital maturity and patient care.
We are looking to expand our successful Service Desk Team and are seeking enthusiastic and effective Service Desk Technicians to join our knowledgeable, enthusiastic and motivated team.
1st Line Service Desk Technician - The Role:
Manage Support Telephone Calls:
- Answer the phone using Common structured interrogation techniques
- Keep the missed calls percentage as low as possible.
- Log jobs in a standard way, ensuring all detail is accurate, correct and all template areas are complete.
- Serial number recorded.
- Update job for call reference
- Verbally give call reference and indication of next steps
- If not first line or not able to fix, then pass as open job - explain to end user
Deal with Clinical Supplier Software Issues:
- Correctly identify issues that require logging with Clinical Suppliers, and log appropriately
- Log all Choose & Book problems and complete the relevant MDS form and forward to the correct team.
- Chase all open clinical suppliers’ calls. Ensuring the calls remain open until the end user confirms its fixed.
Resolve Technical Issues:
- Use knowledge base/technical knowledge to fix open issues.
- Use remote support to dial in and fix issues when time allows
Manage support jobs:
- Monitor the Support email mailbox and log jobs
- Actively look to close open service calls.
- Maintain activities set by Service Manager
- Monitor and chase/update/progress open support calls, regardless of who they are assigned to.
- Close support calls, ensuring agreement of resolution is confirmed with the end user. Fully complete the resolution field and fix to the knowledge base if applicable.
- Follow the service desk Rota and activities assigned are managed.
- Ensure all proactive monitoring alerts are dealt with promptly.
- Meet and exceed the customer’s expectations.
- Always be helpful and polite; offer to help as much as possible on all calls taken
- Promote the use of the customer portal to each caller.
- Offer services Healthcare Computing offer where possible to the customers.
1st Line Service Desk Technician - Candidate specification:
We are dedicated to providing the best customer service possible, so a positive, "can do" attitude is paramount.
The ideal candidate will have fantastic customer service skills, have a real interest in IT and be a great problem solver.
Knowledge and/or experience of the following would be very useful, although training will be given:
- You will already have some experience of working within an IT Service Desk/Help Desk environment, but all applicants will be considered
- PC and server hardware
- Microsoft operating systems and products
- ITIL best practice
- Experience of the following, an advantage: 1st Line Support, Service Desk, ICT support, Technical Support, IT Helpdesk, ITIL, Service Desk Technician, Desktop support, Helpdesk
We will provide;
- A friendly, caring work place
- On-going training / learning environment
- Company pension scheme
- Health Cash Back scheme
- Free refreshments
- Free Parking (on a first come first served basis)
If you have the skills and experience we require for this role and are looking for a new challenge please click on APPLY and forward your up-to-date CV to us with a relevant cover letter, explaining why you are a good fit for this role.
No Agencies please.
- Customer Service
- Information Technology
- Service Desk
- Help Desk
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'