1st Line Service Desk Analyst
An exciting opportunity to join our team within a growing ICT Services company with a global portfolio, as a TS1 Helpdesk Analyst in our Service Desk team.
Our client is an ICT Services group with an extensive history that extends over 125 years, they have nearly 6,500 employees in 22 countries across Europe, Asia Pacific & Latin America, and has a complete portfolio of integrated ICT services for the large enterprise and public sector markets. This includes Workspace, Applications, Unified Communications, Data Centre, Cloud, Consulting, Partner Technology, Managed Services and Security.
Our client is a leading member in the Global Workspace Alliance, a unique model that provides customers with a consistent IT service throughout the world, with one single point of contact and billing entity, delivering services to over 90 countries. The GWA is ranked number 3 globally according to OVUM's Managed/Maintained End-user Devices with a total of 7.4M assets.
Our client support their employees to become experts in their field though development by an in house University and an internal recruitment program.
We are currently recruiting for a 1st Line Service Desk Analyst, to join our Global Service Centre and work as part of the service desk team, providing support to our clients’ customers based in our Rushden Data Centre, Northampton.
The role will involve supporting a dedicated client infrastructure, covering several services, where you will need the ability to analyse, detect, diagnose and resolve issues, whilst providing a high degree of customer satisfaction.
There will be an initial 3 months in-house training programme to cover all aspects of support for our customers however, PC skills along with a confident telephony manner are essential for this role, as the majority of incidents are called into this busy technical service desk.
The role requires a confident communicator with a sound mix of analytical ability and customer service awareness gained within an IT Helpdesk / Service Desk / Call Centre environment.
Hours of work are predominantly between 6am and 7pm on a rotational shift pattern basis and a degree of flexibility is required as some weekend cover is required occasionally.
We would be very interested in hearing from you if you have the following skills and experience, working as part of a team of 17 agents who are already supporting at varying degrees of 1st & 2nd line support. You will have the ability to:
Analyse, diagnose and resolve a wide variety of desktop/EPOS/network related incidents to 1st Line level, (however training will be given).
- Multitask and listen to the callers’ issues and key the information into our call logging system simultaneously.
- Work under pressure, using own initiative whilst remaining professional at all times.
- Maintain relationships with customers, support teams and 3rd party suppliers.
- Recognise and escalate potential issues and critical incidents in a timely and appropriate manner. You will have a strong customer focus with exceptional customer service skills.
- Identify and meet customer expectations and work on your own initiative and accept responsibility/ownership for calls.
- Participate and contribute successfully within a team environment and have a positive outlook with a 'can-do’ attitude.
- It is imperative that you are able to control the incoming call to establish key information, listen to what the problem could be, create or update the incident with clear and defined details, while still able to engage in conversation with the caller in a professional manner.
- Experience of supporting, or the very least collating information, in a technical environment at 1st and / or 2nd line.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications i.e. Excel. Outlook, Word, Power Point.
- Experience of working within a customer service environment with high verbal and written customer service skills.
- The ability to provide a written report of customer information whilst on the phone.
We are looking for candidates who have strong previous experience working within a service desk environment or equivalent experience externally. It is preferred that you will have a good understanding of the customer and the applications supported but this is not essential, as full training will be given, along with a comprehensive overview of the customers’ needs, over a period of time.
- Service Desk
- 1st Line
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job