1st Line Service Desk Analyst - Manachester
DWF are looking to recruit an experienced 1st Line Service Desk Analyst based in our prestigious office in Manchester. As a 1st Line Analyst you will be responsible for the provision of initial IT support to the firm (as a whole) and to other IT functions.This is achieved by responding to inbound telephone calls, emails and service requests, logging all requests into the IT Helpdesk software and escalating where appropriate to other IT functions.
- To be responsible for assisting all the firm’s people with their questions about any of the firm’s software and computing platforms to the best of his/her ability in a positive and enthusiastic, professional and courteous manner.
- Deliver outstanding customer service through understanding the customers IT and Business needs.
- To take full ownership of issues and always be willing to find answers to all questions addressed to them.
- To log all requests received with a high level of quality, maintaining detailed and accurate records into the IT Helpdesk system both to inform the end user, document issue and resoluton and for escalation to other teams.
- To be ready to research questions using a variety of manuals and resources, and to work with other IT Functions, DWF people and affiliated consulting organisations in answering any customer's question and pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role.
- To familiarise themselves with and contribute to IT knowledge base and other information resources.
- To be expected to stay abreast of current news, system information, problems, changes and updates relevant to our customer community.
- To answer calls and strictly adhere to Service Level Agreements and team or individual KPIs.
- To interpret instructions and issues arising, and then implement actions according to administrative policies and procedures.
- To communicate and liaise verbally and in writing between customers / suppliers / visitors / enquirers and relevant people, and interpret and respond clearly and effectively to spoken requests over the phone or in person, and to verbal or written instructions.
- Exemplary Customer Service skills.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and a highly service-orientated approach
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Positive, enthusiastic and supportive both of corporate / client objectives and of team members.
- To be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- To have excellent organisational and time management skills with experience of meeting targets and deadlines.
- To contribute in team meetings.
- To be detail-orientated with significant emphasis on quality of work.
- To have the ability to work as part of a team in a highly collaborative environment and under own initiative
- Outstanding trouble-shooting skills.
Possess a detailed working knowledge of some or all of the following:-
- Microsoft Operating Systems Windows 7 & 10
- Microsoft Office 2010 & 2016
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Working within a Citrix environment
- Knowledge of ITIL principles or official accreditation.
- Working knowledge of a Case Management and Practice Management systems.
- Digital Dictation systems.
- Anti-Virus products and PC Security.
- PC hardware & peripheral devices.
- Network multifunction devices (Print / Copy / Scan).
- Mobile devices (Phones, Blackberries, iPhones).
- Experience of working in a Legal/ Professional services industry in an IT capacity.
The IT Service Desk operates a shift system to provide cover between 7am and 10pm. However out of hours support may be required including weekends.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation. Full training will be provided to the right candidate.
- Operating Systems
- Service Desk
- Service Level Agreements
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job