1st / 2nd Line Support
£22,000 per annum
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced IT Engineer to join a specialist IT provider based in the Thames Valley.This organically grown company is part of one of the largest suppliers in the UK, has a great reputation and is growing year on year. The Role is to provide first line support across a wide technologies, ideally, resolving issue at first line, but if not possible to escalate to the appropriate technical resolver group.
- Use technical knowledge to affect remote ticket resolutions.
- Ensuring tickets are correctly logged and categorised on the service desk system.
- Take responsibility for tickets through the whole incident management process, ensuring resolution within service level agreements and escalating when potential breaches may occur.
- Ensure customers are kept updated on ticket progress.
- Centrally manage engineer’s movements and availability.
- Help develop and produce statistical data on incident management performance.
Key technical skills required:
- Knowledge of basic support of Windows Operating Systems
- Knowledge of basic support for Microsoft Office toolsets
- Active Directory Administration - Password resets, unlocking, etc.
- Basic all-round troubleshooting skills
- Experience of working in a First-line Support Department
- Experience of providing support via telephone and e-mail
- Awareness of network environments (routing/switching/VLANS/Security/Wireless/etc.)
- Must be able to work un-supervised, on own initiative
- Must have good communications skills
- Must be a logical thinker
- An excellent problem solver with strong analytical skills
- Someone who likes to keep up to date with the latest technology
- Can meet deadlines and maintain high standards even when under pressure
Salary £20,000 - £24,000 per annum plus benefits.
Services advertised by Candour Recruitment Ltd are those of an employment business.
- Line Support
- Microsoft Office
- Service Desk
- Technical Skills
- 1st Line
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'