1st Line IT Infrastructure Engineer
£19 - 21k
The main purpose of the role will be providing desktop support at our client's brand new site and at their other two sites in the UK either over the phone or in person. One of these offices is North of Doncaster (until mid-2018) and the other in Kent. Occasional visits to Kent may be required. There are pool cars available.
The key areas of expertise required for the role are:
• Assist with Active Directory and Exchange mailbox creation
• VOIP and mobile phone configuration
• Good knowledge of Windows 7 - 10 and Microsoft Office 2010 - 2016
• Desktop support (including, but not limited to, workstation, notebook, printer, other desktop hardware and all company software)
First port of call for all service desk enquiries - will escalate enquiries as required to the appropriate team member.
Duties / Responsibilities
1. 1st Line Service Desk Support - Provide desktop technical support; answering support queries via phone, email and in person whilst maintaining a high degree of customer service
Take ownership of user incidents and have a proactive rather than reactive approach to working.
2. Administration - Administration of group server and network infrastructure and to provide recommendations to improve existing solutions to 3rd Line IT Infrastructure Team Lead.
Analysis and support of desktop software and hardware and, where necessary, recommend a replacement plan to 3rd Line IT Infrastructure Team Lead (including, but not limited to, workstation, notebook, printer and other desktop hardware)
3. Documentation - Ensure all technical documentation is updated and maintained to a high level. Ensure all user documentation is updated.
Maintain and improve on software licensing, user information, service desk communication, all company hardware and software security documentation.
4. Department Cover -
• To share the responsibility, management and control of infrastructure backups, to ensure off-site tapes are delivered to the relevant person
• Assist with software and hardware purchases in-line with company policy. Enforcing company software policies, licensing and conform to ISO standards
• Assist with AD and Exchange mailbox creation
• VOIP and mobile phone support
• Support all service desk related issues escalating and liaising with other support engineers when necessary
• Liaise with 3rd party support companies
1st line user support
Basic Active Directory and Exchange management
MS Office 2010 - 2016 troubleshooting experience
MS Windows 7 - 10 experience
Understanding of ITIL framework
Basic Understanding of TCP/IP networking
Good knowledge of IT hardware
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job