Our client, an IT support and services consultancy, is currently looking for a First Line Support Engineer to work on site at a school based near Thame.
Working hours are 8.15am - 5.15pm Mon-Fri.
· Daily checks include disk based backup jobs, server disk space etc
· Weekly checks & tape backups
· Manage Help Desk system by prioritising calls
· Managing call escalation to second line helpdesk and on-site resources
· First line PC hardware and software support
· Basic network problem diagnostics
· Maintenance of on-site electronic documentation (including Network Diagram and system documentation)
· Creation and amendment of Active Directory users and groups
· Printer maintenance incl. clearing print queues, replacing toner cartridges
· Position ideally suited to person with some previous work experience in the IT industry
· A clean driving licence and own transport would be beneficial
· Must be able to gain a clean enhanced DBS check
· Must be customer friendly, very good people skills
· Will have an Interest in computers/networks
· Able to prioritise and be very organised, working through a list of support calls
· Physically able to get around quite a large site with lots of stairs etc, sometimes carrying equipment e.g. PCs
Please note that we will only contact those candidates that we assess as suitable for the positions we have currently available based on their experience, training and skills that they identify. If you do not hear from us within 5 working days from your registration, please accept our apologies but we are unable to help you on this occasion.
Bucks and Berks Recruitment is an equal opportunities employment agency and employment business that is serious about its compliance with legislation. Bucks and Berks is acting as an Employment Agency in relationship to this role (if the vacancy is for a permanent position) or is acting as a Recruitment Business in relationship to this role (if the role is for a temporary position).
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job