1st Line IT Helpdesk Support Engineer
Location: London, EC3M 7AN
Salary: £25,000 -£27,000 Depending on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
About our client:
1st Line I.T. Support Engineer required by a growing I.T. Services company to provide desktop support to clients in the city of London.
The 1st Line IT Helpdesk Support Engineer Role:
- Take helpdesk calls and resolve the reported issues in a timely fashion
- Record all progress on issues on our helpdesk call management system
- Where appropriate, escalate matters that require systems or policy changes to the Helpdesk Team
- Provide an excellent and professional level of client service at all levels
- Carry out system monitoring and maintenance according to the agreed schedule.
- Ensure access levels of users are maintained to maximise security.
- Promote awareness of I.T. security issues across our clients’ user base through normal support activities.
- There will be opportunities to get involved with various projects as they arise.
- Any other duties as reasonably required.
It is intended that the successful candidate will potentially progress to 2nd-line / systems support level.
They should therefore be able to help identify new business requirements (e.g. based on common support requests) and flag up areas of vulnerability within our clients’ infrastructure (e.g. failing backups).
The ideal 1st Line IT Helpdesk Support Engineer will need the following:
- It is essential that candidates already have demonstrable experience of working in a 1st line support role
- The successful candidate should have a high level of knowledge and experience across most fields of I.T including Windows server and client operating systems, Terminal Services / Remote Desktop protocols, PC hardware, networking, Microsoft office, printers, mobile devices and VOIP
- An understanding of virtualisation technologies would be advantageous
- Excellent proven problem-solving skills
- Candidates must be within easy commuting distance to the EC3 area of London.
If you meet the requirements and feel that your suitable for this 1st Line IT Helpdesk Support Engineer then please apply today!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job