We are looking for someone to join an IT Help Desk team, based in Grimsby. It is essential that the successful candidate has an excellent working knowledge in IT with experience in Windows Software, Networking and ideally SQL. This position is office based, answering calls from national and local clients - providing telephone support and connecting to clients remotely.
Offering a basic salary, negotiable dependent on experience. Your working hours will be 08:30 am - 17:30 pm, Monday to Friday (with an hour for lunch). Saturday/Sunday cover will be required after initial training period on a rota basis.
- To provide day-to-day customer focused help-desk support
- Be responsible for maintaining the service desk environment and keeping up to date documentation
- Answer all calls and respond within the timescales outlined in the customer Service Level Agreements.
- Ensure all calls, emails and requests are logged onto the call logging/management system.
- Troubleshoot all 1st line issues quickly and efficiently to ensure availability and performance of user systems.
- An aptitude for working with applications/systems to undertake analysis, diagnosis and resolution of user problems.
- Escalation of calls following process and procedures as appropriate.
- Take ownership of user problems, follow-up the status of problems on behalf of the user, and communicate progress in a timely manner.
- Communicate with end-users to identify the extent of a technical issue and convey the planned method of resolution in a non-technical manner.
- To work in conjunction with other members of the service team to achieve and deliver quality services.
- Service Desk
- 1st Line
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job