We have a vacancy for a 1st line Support Agent to join our client based in Farnborough, Hampshire.
The primary responsibility of the role is to: Provide IT support to internal and external customers, providing support on all IT-supported software and hardware and mobile communications. Be responsible for the management, order and distribution of software, hardware and mobile devices and also for ensuring a high level of customer service for service requests.
Currently, the Corporate IT estate comprises of 1,600 desktops, 4,600 laptops, 700 mobiles phones, 1,900 smart devices - all supported through the IT Service Desk along with a monthly volume of 4,500 requests.
Key duties include:
- To provide 1st and 2nd line technical support; providing customer support via phone, email
and drop-in visits into the Service Desk maintaining a high degree of customer service
at all times.
- To log, update and manage all calls via the IT call logging system relating to support of all software and hardware in the Operational environment.
- Adhere to all service management principles, including the company’s software licensing
- Be responsible for Software License Management including the ordering and distribution of
- To manage and safeguard the confidentiality, integrity and availability of company and
- Ensure compliance with organisation policies, procedures and work instructions.
- Take ownership of problems and be proactive when dealing with all issues.
- Allocate technical calls to the relevant resolver group, initiate escalation procedures and manage incidents.
- Liaise with third party suppliers as required.
- Handle VIP support calls in a professional manner.
- Pro-actively investigating ways to reduce common issues and publishing self-help guides to assist
the customer base. In turn this gives time back to the business.
- Be responsible for update and maintenance of accurate internal work instructions and
Key Capabilities & Knowledge
- Excellent customer service skills both face-to-face and over the telephone
- Effective interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Flexible - flexibility to work shift patterns is necessary
- Customer Centric
- Relentless focus on improving processes
- Keen interest in IT
- Ability to prioritise
Experience & Qualifications
- Previous experience of working in a busy Service Desk environment is an advantage
- ITIL Foundation V3 certification
- CompTIA A+ qualification
- Understanding of mobile telephony and smart devices
- Understanding of Active Directory
- Understanding of Networking
- Experience of working to defined service levels and service catalogue
- This role requires SC clearance
The position is a permanent, full time opportunity. The hours are not set due to the flexibility required to work a shift pattern. All rotas will be provided a month in advance so to offer structure.
- Mobile Communications
- Service Management
- Call Logging
- 1st Line
- Mobile Devices
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job