1st Line Helpdesk Analyst - Salford Quays - 9 month FTC
Bupa's purpose is helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. Our status, as a company limited by guarantee with no shareholders, enables us to make our customers our focus, reinvesting our profits to provide more and better healthcare for current and future customers.
We employ over 84,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, Hong Kong, Chile, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, India, New Zealand, Thailand and the US.
Around 70% of our revenue is from health insurance, with the rest from health and care provision. We fund healthcare around the world and run clinics, hospitals, dental centres, care homes and retirement villages in a number of countries.
- To provide a first line incident management function to all IT Service Customers, IS Teams and Vendors contacting the IT Service Centre.
- To provide a customer focused single point of contact for Bupa IS&T customers.
Accountabilities & Activities:
- To provide first line support in line with published SLAs for all customers contacting the IT Service Centre.
- To provide customer service excellence, ensuring all users contacts are handled in a pleasant, helpful and professional manner, with regular updates provided to the customer.
- To recommend opportunities to the Service Centre Management Team to improve working practices and team performance.
- To proactively participate in all Bupa IS&T functional/departmental meetings giving feedback to ensure continual improvement, productivity gains and overall customer satisfaction and undertake departmental initiatives as directed.
- To keep up to date with the Bupa organisation and business, the healthcare market place and IT industry opportunities to provide desktop solutions.
- To follow ITIL based Operational Lifecycle procedures (Incident, Problem, Change, Configuration, Asset, etc.) to ensure a cost effective and efficient service to the IT Customer Service.
- To achieve appropriate security accreditation for the administration of User accounts for all Bupa systems ensuring strict compliance with Bupa security standards and policies.
- Ensure that all requests and incidents logged with the IT Service Centre are progressed or resolved and the Customer is updated with progress at all times.
- Act as a call coordinator for all external vendor queues to ensure faults and requests are actioned.
- Advise customers on the purchase of appropriate hardware/software in conjunction with technical teams.
- To perform administration tasks as allocated by the Service Centre Management Team.
- Temporary Secondments to other Bupa IS&T Customer Service teams to enhance skill sets.
Qualifications and Training:
- General awareness of Bupa's business and systems where applicable.
- Strong customer focus.
- Strong communication skills, telephone, written and face to face.
- Good awareness of Microsoft Desktop products.
- Good awareness of infrastructure components (Network, NT, Exchange).
- Good organisational skills.
- A sound understanding of ITIL methodology.
In return you will be rewarded with excellent benefits - including 25 days holiday, free healthcare, an onsite gym and a subsidised canteen. You'll also be supported in developing your skills with ongoing training and career opportunities.
Bupa is committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
For further information on Bupa, our equal opportunities and your career with us, please visit www.bupa.co.uk
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Office
- Service Desk
- Office 365
- Service Now
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job